4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sell the Mustang?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Default Sell the Mustang?!

I had/have a gentleman extremely interested in buying my car. I listed for 1400 over BB just for ****s and grins kind of. He is still asking me if I want to sell the car. I just purchased a little commuter Toyota pickup and I am engaged. Do I get greedy and sell the Mustang to save the money for a home and wedding? Or do I work my *** off at my 2 part time jobs, grinding it out every day to save the bare min. for a down payment on a home? I think I already know the answer, but I just want other peoples advice.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

I would rather get divorced, kill my first born, star in gay **** and sell my soul to the devil than sell my baby......
Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

If you can keep it then I would. If you need to sell it then sell it. If it were me, since it is paid for, I'd keep it.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I think id sell it...since it seems that thats what you want to do. I mean you can always come back to the hobby when it will be easier on you finacially. There will always be cars!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well how much is your car listed for, how much do they usually go for in your area, and how attached are you to this car??? If you can get another mustang for cheaper in close to the same condition and you arent too attached to this car, sell it and buy another one thats cheaper and then youre ahead that much more to put into your house down payment. But the smarter part of me says sell it and put money down for house and wedding. Keep the misses happy and down the road just buy another mustang. There will always be stangs out there to be had.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

It comes down to priorities. I'm sure if you do decide to sell it the wife will remember it in the future when you wanna buy a new one
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

I got married and kept mine, and the jeep and the truck. First rule I set down, I get to keep my toys
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

My fiance is letting me make whatever decision I want. However, my pops would probably be not so happy with me if I decided to sell it. It mean seriously though guys, I am probably not going to make near enough money to have a DP on a home because my fiance has 2 more terms of school left and were getting married in September. IDK, who knows, the guy may not even want it anymore. What to do, what to do....
Old 01-10-2010, 11:04 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by freefallin98
My fiance is letting me make whatever decision I want. However, my pops would probably be not so happy with me if I decided to sell it. It mean seriously though guys, I am probably not going to make near enough money to have a DP on a home because my fiance has 2 more terms of school left and were getting married in September. IDK, who knows, the guy may not even want it anymore. What to do, what to do....
Dont know your situation in and out but from the sounds of it im not sure you should be trying to buy a house. Not trying to diss you or anything but you can get married for cheap without all the bells and whistles for now, and you can rent a nice place. I say do whatever you need to do, as stated you can buy another stang later, especially a gt with no problem. Maybe you can even get a mach or cobra when the time is right, but do yourself a favor and make sure you are finacially comfortable with whatever choice you make. Just my $0.02
Old 01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

OK, not selling the Mustang. I worked really hard to have it and that's how it is. We just talked about it and as of right now, the plan is to kick the wedding month back a few months. So instead of getting married in Sept. in Hawaii, it will be fore like November or December to ensure that my fiance has a full timer and we have a home. Wow, life is stressful guys. But you all definitely make it easier and more fun! I am in the golf industry and will be getting in the PGA program as soon as I am full time at either my course or another course in the area. You dont make a whole lot at first, but it's what I want to do.

Quick Reply: Sell the Mustang?!