4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Tires/Alignment/IACV

Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default Tires/Alignment/IACV

Holy God, so I've had some tumultuous times with my car, but all has been solved...let me explain.
Tires: One night, driving home on the freeway, I noticed an abnormal sound. I get home, inspect it and don't find anything wrong. The next morning I see that my tires have been worn to ****....Back track: I lowered my car via cutting my springs, and my dumb *** doesn't buy c/c plates. I thought I was being proactive by getting an alignment done. Nope, tore through my tires even faster. Anyways, I go to the tire shop and ask what can be done, I get some camber bolts and the re-adjust my alignment, all is well. I then bought two new front tires and called it a day.
After driving around, I noticed that I hear a clicking noise whenever I make a u-turn. I take my car in and the lazy asses installed a clip on weight instead of stick on weight. Anyways, They fixed it free of charge.
Now, I went on vacation to Tahoe for five days and came back to finding out that my mother took my car in for a transmission service....awwwhow sweet.....nope, as soon as I hop in I notice a difference in how my car drives. I then get to a stop light and noticed that my rpms shoot to 1700 while I'm in neutral. Ugh, wtf is going on now. After two weeks and this ****, I finally take it back to the shop where it had the service. After talking with the guy he finally agrees to do a diagnostic test for $50. He just kept saying that it was most likely coincidental. After a day at the shop, the guy calls me telling me that can't figure out whats going on. He suggested that he'll check it out in the morning and see if it'll act up then. he calls me saying that he drove it around and nothing was going on. I told him that I would pick it up after school. I'm irritated at this point and I go back to class. No more than 20 minutes pass and I get a phone call from the shop. He tells me that when they moved the car into a parking space, the car acted up! They put it back in and it was an idle air intake valve. Thank God they found the problem.
Now, when I took it in, I was on E. I get home and then leave about 15 minutes later and I notice that my car dies after turn the key. WTF!!!!!! I pour in some gas from home and go fill up. For the past two days, my car will do this sparingly. Did I mess up the injectors? I don't know. I plan on buying some fuel injector cleaner and try that out first. Any suggestions?
Cliffs
Alignment bad
get new tires and camber bolts
IAC Valve goes bad after transmission service
car starts and the dies(bad fuel injectors?)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

burnt up fuel pump or clogged fuel filter. Check the other thread you made. Sounds like you cant catch a break. Good luck with it.

Search this Thread