4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Default New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.

I was sitting here thinking about mustangs in general and I came to a conclusions that I am seeing way more sn197's , SN95's and foxbodies on the road nowadays then new edges. I know your thinking but MR. Graystang there is thousands of new edges out there , Correct but how many of them are being driven instead of being built up.

I noticed it allot on here too that there is allot more people spending most of ownership life of the car building rather then driving it. 2 to 4 year build just to sell it for something else to build. I not saying its bad but I just wonder why spend all the hard work then sell it ? Do most people prefer just to have something to work on all the time and get bored , on to the next ?

Whats the point of making a 400 - 600 hp car and then not driving like it should be ? I would rather have a 300hp car that I can drive everyday then a 500hp not all put together car that which I am waiting to finish building up. Thats just my preference tho , I would to know whats everyones take on building / project car v.s. having something simple that is enjoyable to drive and drivable when ever you want it to be. Im hoping to get some good opinions from the track rats to the everyday drivers who just love to drive.

Also I would to know whats everyones thought on a perfect build / mustang. No LSX nutt swinging please , mustang related only. Lets say from a heavy built 4v with a set of nasty cams and spray down to a simply kenne belle / geared daily driver. Mine personally would be a 350-400hp mustang with a nice suspension set up and some comfortable seats. I like the ideal of driving all day then go to the track and pull a nice 12 sec run then go drive off and have a beer afterwords.

Last edited by Mr Graystang; 01-12-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Damn, kick us SN95ers to the curb^^^^^^^^
Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Hmm...that's funny, i seem to see more new edge style stangs out here in the Detroit area. And i'm talking run of the mill kind, not all built up or anything.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

^^^ Like I said they are out there but compared to s197's and foxes in the summer time I dont see as many new edges , Im gonna exclude 3.8s from this also as there are tons of them. Lol I no love loss for the sn95's , Im starting to see more of them on the road also today. There ungodly affordable and more kids / car enthusiast are starting to buy them. But post edit for you sir haha
Old 01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Fobra
Banned

Ok ignoring the fact that the LSX bowtie system is God's gift to aftermarket performance. I think the best mustang has an old school attitude, no matter the year. Fats and skinnies, cowl hoods, shaker scoops, loud as hell and rough around the edges. Around 500 or whp that hooks.

For example.... a mach 1 w/ gear, suspension, exhaust, 427-460 block w/ 500+cu stroker kit... all N/A and straight badass
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Hmm...that's funny, i seem to see more new edge style stangs out here in the Detroit area. And i'm talking run of the mill kind, not all built up or anything.
Agreed, i see sooooo many new edge stangs around here... but maybe it just the area we live in
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
^^^ Like I said they are out there but compared to s197's and foxes in the summer time I dont see as many new edges , Im gonna exclude 3.8s from this also as there are tons of them. Lol I no love loss for the sn95's , Im starting to see more of them on the road also today. There ungodly affordable and more kids / car enthusiast are starting to buy them. But post edit for you sir haha
I see a few s197's and even a few 2010's down here.

BTW are you still looking for an O/R H pipe?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 02stang2113
Agreed, i see sooooo many new edge stangs around here... but maybe it just the area we live in
It very well could be , I seen very few new edges at the Back to the Bricks and woodward dream cruises here in Mi this year and seen tons of foxes and s197's.

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
I see a few s197's and even a few 2010's down here.

BTW are you still looking for an O/R H pipe?
No thanks sir , I will not be modding the stang for awhile if I decide to keep it. I seen a handful a 2010's in mid-michigan , only 1 grabber blue.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I see a lot more s197's than i do previous years.... My local car club is like 60% s197 i would say.. I went to a meet and there were maybe 12 s197's lined up and 1 or 2 new edges...

Idk what's up.

Ideal build for me would be a solid 370rwhp/rwtq, with some nice seats like you said. No problems whatsoever, yet a fun car that can hit a 12.5 or get you out of trouble quick if you ever need to. So basically a car that just straight up moves out without any headaches..
Old 01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Around here there are more S197 and fox owners.

I plan on keeping my car this is my first stang I dont think I could let it go. My perfect build would be a fully built 4v with some wild cams in it and a whipple on top of it. And of course a suspension and drive line setup that can handle it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.