4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Garage got broken into last night...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

sorry man. its sick what people will do nowadays
Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

that sucks. the last punks that got caught breaking into our neighbors shop were tied up and beat with a handle, then, still tied up , were taken into town nd dropped off in the street. poor punks were scared out of their minds. wish i could have accually seen it happen.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Do like that guy from Grandma's Boy and get a pet lion. "People get past a dog, man, but nobody f***s with a lion!". What a bunch of a**holes, I hope you're able to find a way to get five minutes alone in a room with each one of them (or whatever retribution you prefer). I don't know what the self and property defense laws are where you live, but if you don't already own one you might look into purchasing a firearm. It's one of those things where you hope to God you don't ever have to use it, but it's somewhat comforting to know that it's there in case you ever do.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Mares Motorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
Do like that guy from Grandma's Boy and get a pet lion. "People get past a dog, man, but nobody f***s with a lion!". What a bunch of a**holes, I hope you're able to find a way to get five minutes alone in a room with each one of them (or whatever retribution you prefer). I don't know what the self and property defense laws are where you live, but if you don't already own one you might look into purchasing a firearm. It's one of those things where you hope to God you don't ever have to use it, but it's somewhat comforting to know that it's there in case you ever do.
Although it would be cool to have a pet lion, I'm pretty sure I'd have a hard time explaining to the neighbors that their Poodles and Terriers were eaten by my cat haha.
I'm seriously going to go buy a pitbull though, maybe even today. I'm not sure how my 2 year old Border Collie is going to take a Pitbull running around, especially when she's inside eating kibbles and bits and Cuddles is outside eating raw T-bones and Sirloins haha.

As for the firearm, I live in Idaho. Although I don't have a 12 guage in the back window of my truck, I do have a filled gun case. Here, we can't go shooting people because they trespassed on my lawn, but I'm willing to face consequences if anyone ever enters my home, especially if my girlfriend's there with me. I hope I never have to use them in my home, but if necessary, I will.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:23 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

That story sucks.

It sucks especially worse because it's nothing more than jealousy and stupidity.

It's obviously someone that 'knows' you because it's unlikely they picked your garage out at random. If you had that much stuff around, and nice cars, they knew it so they picked your garage out for a reason.

One of several reasons why it's sometimes not worth it to have nice stuff.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

man that sucks. its is def someone you know or a customer ect... I like your pitbull idea. I have one that I rescued (I know its weird who rescues a pit) he is extremely well behaved and is a friendly dog. but he def lets you know when someone approaches your property. good luck with everything
Old 01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Mares Motorsports
1st Gear Member

Well my garage door has windows in it, I'm hoping more so that the vandalism started with my truck, then they looked in the garage and saw 4 mustangs sitting in there. But no way to know yet.

As for the rescuing, I as well rescued our Border Collie. She was about 6 weeks old and one of my coworker's wives brought her in one day. She had found the puppy under her car during a rainstorm. She was offering the dog for free, otherwise to the pound. 2 years later, she's one of the best dogs I've ever had. A mix of a border collie and husky it looks like to me, very smart dog. And very protective over the house, especially my girlfriend. Makes me a little jealous, my dog loves attention more from her then me haha.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

^^^LOL
Old 01-13-2010, 04:17 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

The dog idea is great, I wish I didnt live in an apt for that reason. I had a rott that saved our stuff one time before I joined up and lived in MI. Few guys thought it would be smart to look around the house and jump the fence, little did they know there was a 130lb rott and a 9mm w/hollow points waiting for them. And yes, she was a big loveable bear named teddy, I miss her
Old 01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
Jez man that sucks, must say though, you need to get a better dog lol! Just kidding, but seriously, a kid I went to high school with, his dad has a ford GT (the super car) and he has to rottweilers that live in the garage with the car. Sorry to hear about the cars though, hopefully everything will get worked out for you.
+1, nothing will make a thief crap his pants like seeing this:

Some guy that was trying to break into my dads company van and that rottweiler chased him down my driveway. Have you ever seen a rottweiler at full speed? They are quite a bit faster than you could possibly imagine. After that, the thefts in the area stopped......

Quick Reply: Garage got broken into last night...