4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Non-Electric Interior Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
littleredgt

Default Non-Electric Interior Stuff

I have a '96 GT, without any of the electric stuff inside. I made a post about it not too long ago, and you guys told me about it being a stripped GT and everything. It doesn't really bother me too much, but it's really hard to find interior parts that don't already have the buttons and such. So, I have a few questions.

First, the handle part of the door that pops off, not sure the name of it. Well, both of mine look like someone left a hungry dog inside. I've looked everywhere to find replacement parts (including American Muscle), and no one seems to sell them without the window and lock buttons. Got any ideas where to look?

Also, the passenger side one doesn't go all the way down. It's like it doesn't catch and lock down or something. If I were to actually find a new part to go there, do you guys think it would pop up like that too, or do you think it's the just the old part?

Steering wheels without cruise control? I'd love one of those.

The last thing I wanted to ask is, how would I go about finding non-electric leather seats? Ones that don't have the buttons to move it with? Someone said I could just use the regular ones and just forget about the buttons being there which is fine, but how would I actually move the seat? Basically, is there some place I'm missing that sells parts sans electricity?

Last edited by littleredgt; 01-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

As far as that part for your door, I would try the ford dealership. Expensive, but should have the part you need.

Don't know about the window, or the cruise control, but as far as the leather seats, any "passenger" side seat in any GT w/ leather trim will be non-electric (unless it was specifically added to the car, which is unlikely)