4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

It's like christmas all over again :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:57 PM
03GeeTee
3rd Gear Member

You lucky motherf$@cker
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by davidsv8mustang
My I ask what you do for a living that you don't think twice about spending 12 grand two blowers. And just finished installing TT. Maybe I'm just a tight ***, but I'd lose sleep if I went on a big spending spree like that. I sure hope they gave you a good deal buying two at a time.
Well he posted a thread about selling his resto-mod 1968 mustang for $28k. Then he took his truck and traded it in at a local dealership and got 2 cars and he has some money left over so he bought 2 KB's for both the stangs that he has. Dont matter what kinda job he has when you sell a car that you own, money goes straight into pocket.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

omfgihateyou! Nice, are you s/c the older machs or your g/f's
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

^^^The gf's
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

hey if you get bored or whatever, i can give you an address where you can send one of those kbs!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Mares Motorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by davidsv8mustang
My I ask what you do for a living that you don't think twice about spending 12 grand two blowers. And just finished installing TT. Maybe I'm just a tight ***, but I'd lose sleep if I went on a big spending spree like that. I sure hope they gave you a good deal buying two at a time.
I work in a restoration shop where we build and restore classic cars and trucks. Around the shop I work as the body man, doing everything from quarter replacement to blocking out primer. I also rebuild and install the engines and transmissions, and install wiring kits (my least favorite thing to do)

As Teej281 said, I had built up and fully restomodded a 67 Mustang. I had later built up my 73 Mustang, and my girlfriend wants to start her own classic. So, I sold my 67 for $28,000 and because I sold MY car to buy HER 69 Mach 1, I told her I get to play with my 96. I'm not sure where you came up with the $12,000. The whole setup for my 96 cost me $3899, and for my girlfriends Mach 1 it cost me $4799. After everything it was closer to $9400 including Boost a Spark, Chip, & CAI for both cars. I'm going to order guages probably off Ebay that mount on the A-Pillars.

This is for the Mach 1

My KB is at my work where I'm going to install it for my car. I told Andrea I'd only do a couple small things to my 96, she doesn't know I'm installing 4v Heads and cams on the GT so it's build will happen there on my down time so she doesn't know. Her's I'm starting tomorrow.

The heads and cams are still on their way, however this is the small list of parts that came today.

Last edited by Mares Motorsports; 01-26-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
IEGT1015
3rd Gear Member

thats awesome, KB ftw
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Does your g/fs mach have anything done to it? and is it a manual or auto?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:32 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Wait...did you buy the I/C'd kits or the non-I/C'd kits for the cars? And before you'd do the 4v swap, i would have put that money towards a new bottom end for your car so you could run way more boost than her car. And what kind of kenne bell did you order for your car??? Hopefully the one that bolts onto 4v heads. Did you get 03 cobra heads and lower intake or something that your kit was so cheap??? i mean usually those kits go for like 6k which is where the other member got the 12k pricetag. But i'd seriously think about building a shortblock soon for both cars, especially if you didnt get i/c'd kits.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 AM
Mares Motorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Wait...did you buy the I/C'd kits or the non-I/C'd kits for the cars? And before you'd do the 4v swap, i would have put that money towards a new bottom end for your car so you could run way more boost than her car. And what kind of kenne bell did you order for your car??? Hopefully the one that bolts onto 4v heads. Did you get 03 cobra heads and lower intake or something that your kit was so cheap??? i mean usually those kits go for like 6k which is where the other member got the 12k pricetag. But i'd seriously think about building a shortblock soon for both cars, especially if you didnt get i/c'd kits.
What kind of things would you build on the bottom end? it's not too late for me to do all this, I haven't installed anything on either car. I purchased a set of heads off an 04 Cobra that have 10,000 miles on them. The car had been wrecked, however the motor was still good and he was parting it all out. So I've got the heads and all the accessories coming. I also did purchase the 4V kit from KB for my GT, however neither are intercooled. The prices are lower because they gave me a package deal for purchasing 2 complete kits.

As for the Andrea's Mach, it is a 5 speed and so far there's little things done to it. The previous owner claimed he built up the motor, however I'm unsure as to what he's done. He claimed it had Cams, but I can't verify. The only thing we've done is CAI, O/R X, Bassani exhaust, and a Tune. I've been looking over the car for the past 4 hours or so, contimplating about whether or not I should install the S/C without knowing what Cams are in it. However, the problem I have is I'm not sure what factory cams look like, and how to even tell what are in it with receipts.

Any suggestions of what I should do? Mabye what I should order for both the 96 GT & 04 Mach? I've still got close to $7500 left over, I was going to use it for the 69 but for the most part I can begin building without investing into that car for a while and would much rather finish the projects I've started.

Last edited by Mares Motorsports; 01-27-2010 at 03:50 AM.

Quick Reply: It's like christmas all over again :)