MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   2011 stangs... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/584275-2011-stangs.html)

DarkShadow04 02-01-2010 09:03 AM

2011 stangs...

anybody else a little depressed that the new v6 is gonna have more power than an 04 GT, and that the base line Gt will have 412 hp? is it wrong that i feel like i need to sell my 04 GT which i bought just a year ago just to keep up with the times? hp does matter to me, even though i still like the 99-04 body style better...baahhhhh...what to do...the 5.0 is within reach for me

DreamerGT 02-01-2010 09:12 AM

I really dont care, as long as they keep making mustangs Im happy.

mrtstang 02-01-2010 09:16 AM

I feel the same may man lol. All these years we've been begging for more power out of these cars (especially the gt) and now, after all this damn time, they've finally done it. Don't get me wrong i'm glad, but i wish they would've done it years ago, so guys like you and i could've had one.

I look at this way: For what i paid for mine, i could turn it into one bada$$ ride that i would enjoy far more than a newer one at the current price.

texas_stang02 02-01-2010 10:02 AM

for our sake, it does kinda suck that the GT gets a bada$$ 4V straight from the factory, but for Ford's sake i'm glad they did it. now there's no way a stock Camaro SS will be able to hang with the Mustang unless they up the power even more. i'd love to see a huge kenne bell bolted on top of that new 5.0 :D

teej281 02-01-2010 10:09 AM

Can you say 5.0 DOHC swap in our cars?! :D You can probably buy/build these new motors soon through the aftermarket and there will probably be swap kits with a new k-member and stuff to make the swap doable for our cars.

I must say in our defense though that our compression is not close to 11:1 compression and we dont have 4v's. I mean the 4.6 with high compression and 4v heads and the tune for 93 octane and probably a little bit bored out would probably perform somewhere along the same aspects as the new 5.0. So Ford really didnt have to make a whole new engine, just revamp the 4.6.

teej281 02-01-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by texas_stang02 (Post 6787948)
for our sake, it does kinda suck that the GT gets a bada$$ 4V straight from the factory, but for Ford's sake i'm glad they did it. now there's no way a stock Camaro SS will be able to hang with the Mustang unless they up the power even more. i'd love to see a huge kenne bell bolted on top of that new 5.0 :D

Well Shelby is doing that with a whipple more than likely for the new GT350. And its supposed to have more power than the GT500 actually...

DarkShadow04 02-01-2010 10:43 AM

do you really think it would be possible to swap that engine in our cars? they are saying that the 5.0 fills the engine bay in the 2011 to the point where there isnt enough room to put a turbo in it, dont they have bigger engine bays than we do? our cars are probably lighter too so id consider a swap lol

teej281 02-01-2010 12:02 PM

Well i'd be willing to do some modification to make one of them things fit into my car. lol I mean we all know that Ford's stock tunes suck and they should be tuned first thing but these motors also have a larger bore than the 4.6 which should make the block a little bit wider and longer...but also will allow for a better flowing setup. I cannot wait to see the first one of these things with a blower on it or something. A huge single turbo would be perfect for this motor too.

GTRACER88 02-01-2010 12:24 PM

Its suppose to be a pretty aggressive for one that one calls it "factory tune". Rumor has it that its pretty squeezed out to make that power..

JRad405 02-01-2010 12:33 PM

these car companies always make their cars faster, more powerful year after year. and yes as long as a camaro can't hang (which it already couldn't) with a mustang then i dont really care. i heard the new camaro isn't even as fun to drive a mustang and that says it all right there.

bottom line is modding something to be better is more fun to me than buying something with a high stock hp.