4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Bit the bullet and bought tires now I need LCA/UCA

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

Default Bit the bullet and bought tires now I need LCA/UCA

Sup all I was recently looking into tire info and just purchased some nt555r's through my job so that's that. Now I am a bit ***-backward as I bought tires before much needed LCA/UCA I recently started getting a bit of noises that got progressively worse fast. I had the car up on a drive up lift and played pull-up on my rear bumper support and found that the noises are definitely coming from my LCA bushings.

My thinking is that since they gotta come out anyway might as well put something that is better back in there. Now I don't need super strong hardware. I DD my car everyday and I really only care about straight line performance. I saw a set of LCA and UCA on UPR's site for 220. I just wanted to see what people thought of these. I know spherical bushing are best to reduce binding and allow play, but I don't think the price justifies it for me seeing as I will goto the track only a few times this summer.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by demighost
Sup all I was recently looking into tire info and just purchased some nt555r's through my job so that's that. Now I am a bit ***-backward as I bought tires before much needed LCA/UCA I recently started getting a bit of noises that got progressively worse fast. I had the car up on a drive up lift and played pull-up on my rear bumper support and found that the noises are definitely coming from my LCA bushings.

My thinking is that since they gotta come out anyway might as well put something that is better back in there. Now I don't need super strong hardware. I DD my car everyday and I really only care about straight line performance. I saw a set of LCA and UCA on UPR's site for 220. I just wanted to see what people thought of these. I know spherical bushing are best to reduce binding and allow play, but I don't think the price justifies it for me seeing as I will goto the track only a few times this summer.
My condolences!

Jazzer is bummed for his pepes that don't appreciate the twisty
Old 02-06-2010, 06:53 PM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

lol sorry, If there was a real track to take turns at I would def do it. But cones and lap times arent for me.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
StripeyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
My condolences!

Jazzer is bummed for his pepes that don't appreciate the twisty
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by demighost
Get spherical bushings. Don't be cheap. Very good LCAs can be had for $350.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Yea, get MM extreme duty lower control arms. They are the best out there and allow for better handling and better launching both.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:52 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by teej281
Yea, get MM extreme duty lower control arms. They are the best out there and allow for better handling and better launching both.
Wrong
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 AM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

^why??? im just curious b/c it seems everyone recommends those MM ones
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

You want heavy duty???

Go Griggs! (the image on that page is NOT the correct one, so pay no attention)

Cannot/will not say they are the "best" as this is really a subjective arguement, but strongest I have found and run them myself.

Jazzer
Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by JRad405
^why??? im just curious b/c it seems everyone recommends those MM ones
This vvvvvvv

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
You want heavy duty???

Go Griggs! (the image on that page is NOT the correct one, so pay no attention)

Cannot/will not say they are the "best" as this is really a subjective arguement, but strongest I have found and run them myself.

Jazzer
Griggs LCAs are the ones I will be ordering this spring.

Quick Reply: Bit the bullet and bought tires now I need LCA/UCA