4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

need opinion on new set of wheels and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna have to agree and say get the cobra kit. Latemodelrestoration has the kit for $499, a lot cheaper than american muscle. I think you can even piece it together to save a bit of money by buying parts separate instead of the whole kit.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I dont think they look that good either...but the OP seemed pretty set on the wheels so i didnt want to try to bother to change his mind. lol Wheels that look somewhat similar to the Godspeed Omegas are the TSW Thruxton wheels. I used to have them and they weigh just about what stock wheels do...maybe a slight bit more but not much. Just saying.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
quickndslick2
Banned

i cant be at 260 to the wheels ppl have told me i have to be at 300 atleast ive taken stock g37 daytona charger stock i lost by a fender to a stock srt8 chrysler i lost by a fender to an srt4 with some mods ive beat a g35 with intake headers and exhaust i beat an audi a4 with upgraded parts so im quite fast compared to regular stock cars and the wheels i know are going to wiegh but with the procharger in the summer that wont matter AND im going to get the cobra kit from latemodelrestoration for 499
Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by quickndslick2
i cant be at 260 to the wheels ppl have told me i have to be at 300 atleast ive taken stock g37 daytona charger stock i lost by a fender to a stock srt8 chrysler i lost by a fender to an srt4 with some mods ive beat a g35 with intake headers and exhaust i beat an audi a4 with upgraded parts so im quite fast compared to regular stock cars and the wheels i know are going to wiegh but with the procharger in the summer that wont matter AND im going to get the cobra kit from latemodelrestoration for 499
Your questions/comments would be much easier to read if you used punctuation, but 300rwhp with a few bolt ons? Not even close; 260 is even a bit optimistic.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

260 is way optimistic...my friend makes 255rwhp with an agressive tune with full boltons. You are nowhere near 300rwhp. It takes at least some healthy cams to get there...if not more. So forget that you have 300rwhp. And as for the cars you beat, its not that great. daytona chargers and SRT8 300's weight a f*** ton...so they have that much power to make up for the weight. But as for the rest of them, the SRT4 stock has about 240hp at the crank, so thats about 200ish to the wheels or so. Add an exhaust and an intake ant its up to like 240-250rwhp. I dont see a sig with your posts so do you have any rear gears in your car???
Old 02-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

You're awesome dude.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
quickndslick2
Banned

no i dont have rear gears ill be gettin them this friday i orderd 3:73 and an aluminum driveshaft

Aereon = dont be such a hater bro its ok

as far as how many hp i have when im done with the gears im going to take it to the dyno to see where im at and ill be sure to post up pics so you guys can see how my car looks
Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

If people told you that jumping off a bridge is beneficial to you health, would you listen? Just saying bruh.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

no i dont have rear gears ill be gettin them this friday i orderd 3:73 and an aluminum driveshaft

Aereon = dont be such a hater bro its ok

as far as how many hp i have when im done with the gears im going to take it to the dyno to see where im at and ill be sure to post up pics so you guys can see how my car looks
I dont know why youre waiting to take it to the dyno until after you get the gears installed cus they dont add any power...but whatever. But you are really horrible at guestimating power numbers.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

I know it's a lot to take in at first, but it's ok, you will get through just like we all did. Hang in there and focus on the procharger.

Quick Reply: need opinion on new set of wheels and rotors