4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Koni Yellows or D-Spec's ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

Now you got me thinking that Dspec's may have been better for me, my car is a DD and will most likely never see the track.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ct_white_stang
Now you got me thinking that Dspec's may have been better for me, my car is a DD and will most likely never see the track.
The yellows are great for DD's just not really worth it over the d specs, but if you got a deal on them then your good to go=P
Old 02-20-2010, 01:20 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

They are on sale so right now they are cheaper than the d-specs. I would rather have the better piece anyways. Im still trying to decide if i wanna go with Bilsteins or Koni's for when i go coilover from MM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
They are on sale so right now they are cheaper than the d-specs. I would rather have the better piece anyways. Im still trying to decide if i wanna go with Bilsteins or Koni's for when i go coilover from MM.
Of the two I went with the bilstein hd's as I won't be doing much adjustment as I'm simply too lazy to do it, with the adjustables I had before I would consistantly set it to full firm for a soloII event and leave it there for a week while my back gets wrecked, then soften it and forget to change it when I go back for another event.. It just became too much of a hastle lols. I'm happy with my bilstein hd's but if I wasn't so lazy to tune my ride I would def say koni's are the best shock/strut company out there atm (based off of tech)
Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I think that if i would get the bilsteins, i would feel inclined to get the MM revalved ones. Not the full race ones but the middle ground between the hd's and the race ones.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I run the Yellows, as teej mentioned, but have not run anything else. I cannot compare them to D-Specs, but nearly everyone I have spoken with who HAS run both.... prefers the Yellows. The second on the list would be the Bilsteins, as Aereon has said.

Jazzer
Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

yeah, I would get which ever ones are cheaper, I've never heard anyone who purchased koni/tokico or any other major well known new shocks/struts and complain about them, if it was myself, I'd buy which ever are the cheapest

has anyone heard how the d-specs or the yellows hold up over time?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:03 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
yeah, I would get which ever ones are cheaper, I've never heard anyone who purchased koni/tokico or any other major well known new shocks/struts and complain about them, if it was myself, I'd buy which ever are the cheapest

has anyone heard how the d-specs or the yellows hold up over time?
I would suspect that the Koni offers a lifetime warrenty on the shocks they are pretty confident they will hold up.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
The Doctor

Is it true that Konis are harder to adjust than Tokicos? I heard that in order to adjust the rears, one would have to jack up the rear of the car. While for the Tokicos, one can access the rears via the trunk.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

If the **** is on the bottom of the shock, like my strange 10-ways, then you dot have to. You just gotta lay on the ground and twist a **** towards the base of the shock.

Quick Reply: Koni Yellows or D-Spec's ?????