4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sad to say... also my modd ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
xXJeremeyXx
1st Gear Member

Post Sad to say... also my modd ideas!

That i was in a small crash.. someone stopped faster then i could and i slid into the back of them. my finders are bowed alil so now my frunt end now hangs down. and needs replaced. i was thinking about getting a new body kit and fenders for it enywaze,, but now its a must. the car is drivable and from 50 feet away looks perfect. ill take some pics and post them soon.

one question first,,,,

Duraflex. is it good? does it hold up in weather? or is fiberglass the way to go?

hers the new parts im looking to get, tell me what you think.

for the body kit i was thinkin about the duraflex Extreme Dimensions Bomber Body Kit.

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...r00181687.html

the fenders duraflex Extreme Dimensions Velocity Fiberglass Fenders.

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...r00181699.html

and the hood, duraflex Extreme Dimensions Fiberglass Hoods - Spyder 3 Style

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...r00025968.html

also a fresh paint job, im goin with a yellow again, but meby some kinda Perl in it. (meby some suggestions) going with some custome striping on it, with ghost skulls and flames, main color of the stripes will be black.

the parts are around 1200$ and the estimate was 3200$ to get my car in its best shape again. (small scratches, and where someone shot my car with a BB gun 3 times) trying to save up.

if you have eny suggestions please tell, i love hearing what people haft to say.

one last thing, i've been looking for a full black interior set (all the pannles and steering wheel), and black leather seats. not so easy to find. i've looked everywhere. (ebay, craigslist, junk yards, also on google/yahoo) please help if you can,,, THX

-Jeremey

Last edited by xXJeremeyXx; 02-24-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

im hungry, im gonnna grab some sweet and sour chicken with that bucket of rice

in my opinion, put it back to stock...cheaper finding some fenders at the J/Y and would look better. mustangs rarely look good with crazy body kits on them...yours being on the extreme side. your body style had more rounded edges and you put on a body kit with sharp corners...they conflict in my opinion....put those on a new edge and MAY look better.

now my opinion is done....i dunno about the parts in question as far as quality goes.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

To each his own man, I ain't gonna put it down, but I can't give a honest opinion on those parts either on looks or quality.

Looking at your pic, is that thing lowered or still riding 4x4 style. I would add that to the list too.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

IMHO....
If you're gonna do a body kit, get a mustang body kit...ie, saleen, roush, cobra etc etc.
All the stuff you posted does have a ricey look to it.

Like I said, that is my oppinion. You are the one, ultimatley, that has to be happy with what you get. If you like that stuff, go for it.

As far as the quality of materials used, thats a great question that I'd like to know, myself.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

rice rice rice

those body panels look like **** and if you put them on your car i hope someone burns it.

now that i got that out of the way get a 98 cobra front bumper and a cowl hood with stock fenders
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
rice rice rice

those body panels look like **** and if you put them on your car i hope someone burns it.

now that i got that out of the way get a 98 cobra front bumper and a cowl hood with stock fenders
ahaha well everyone was being nice about it, but that's one way to get your point across
Old 02-24-2010, 01:04 PM
xXJeremeyXx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
To each his own man, I ain't gonna put it down, but I can't give a honest opinion on those parts either on looks or quality.

Looking at your pic, is that thing lowered or still riding 4x4 style. I would add that to the list too.

not lowerd, if i go lower ill get stranded in parking lots cuz itl scrape badly, it allready does a lil now sometimes.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
xXJeremeyXx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
rice rice rice

hmm.

great to know my car looks like **** lol
Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xXJeremeyXx

if you have eny suggestions please tell, i love hearing what people haft to say.

-Jeremey
if you say so.......the body kit looks like crap...

Last edited by lilcrate; 02-24-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM
xXJeremeyXx
1st Gear Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by lilcrate
if you say so.......the body kit looks like crap...
an expensive piece of crap it is.

i think its great, i live in Vegas everyone drives a boring stock mustang,, i put time and money into my car and i like it, im not lettn enyone on here kill my self asteam on my mustang, it turns heads all day, no one has said "its a pice of ****" like on here. ive had TUNS of good comments on it,,,

thx for ur opinion tho.

Quick Reply: Sad to say... also my modd ideas!