4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

what DON'T you like?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Default what DON'T you like?

well most of us love our mustangs, whether it be for reliability of the mod motor, to the looks, the ride quality, or how easy it is for aftermarket/part installs.

thought i would start a thread of what people dont like about these cars. posy any aspect you dont like about owning one.

my "complaint" is the dumb *** ricers who see you driving and want to mess with you...i find it hilarious most time but when im in a bad mood i dont want the added attention lol and would rather have him make a date with my fist.

what you guys got?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I hate the stock ride height and the fact that our motors are too small to see any gains from bolt ons. Also i dont like our stock style suspension really. But thats after some research and reading on the 4 link rear suspension. Would have much rather had an IRS or the Tri-link that a lot of guys go with for handling. Stock gearing also sucks as well as not having a 6 speed. All the above mentioned are fixable but should have been taken into consideration when being designed by ford.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
littleredgt

Originally Posted by smitty2919
my "complaint" is the dumb *** ricers who see you driving and want to mess with you...i find it hilarious most time but when im in a bad mood i dont want the added attention lol and would rather have him make a date with my fist.
My complaint is pretty much the same. My town is ricer capital of the world, and they all try to mess with me. Then, all the guys in their pick up trucks go out of their way to stare, like hanging out their windows and stuff. Outside of my town, guys driving anything with four wheels are always shocked when they see a girl driving a Mustang. Heaven forbid. So they do one of two things; ride beside and make disgusting advances, or ride beside me reeving their engine and trying to race me. I always just slow down and get behind them so they'll leave me alone, but sometimes they're really persistent. Whether I'm in town or on the interstate, it's a daily thing and so embarrassing.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

The thing I hate is since switching to my terminator I get no fun on the streets no more from the ricers
Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I wished the 2 valve was a little more powerful to begin with, and had more potential.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

i hate the fact that npi heads exist.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

aha as far as the ricers and messing with me, ive seen one coming around a corner as he saw me then tried to show off and almost ate a pole, i almost pi$$ed my pants laughing for a solid half hour.

yea hate the stock 4X4 look, but i got mine already lowered. the SRA is quite a change from my thunderbirds/mark 8 i owned before the mustang. any uneven bumps in the road under acceleration it liks to skip and hop alot...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I wished the 2 valve was a little more powerful to begin with, and had more potential.
Hopefully they fixed that with the new motor thats in the raptor truck. I wanna see that motor in action.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i hate the fact that the cobra is so heavy and has an irs in it should have came with a 9 inch lol
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I hate the stock ride height and the fact that our motors are too small to see any gains from bolt ons. Also i dont like our stock style suspension really. But thats after some research and reading on the 4 link rear suspension. Would have much rather had an IRS or the Tri-link that a lot of guys go with for handling. Stock gearing also sucks as well as not having a 6 speed. All the above mentioned are fixable but should have been taken into consideration when being designed by ford.
this^ mostly just wish I had a 4.6L4v @least or the new 5.0L4v and obviously the horrible suspension/transmission... I don't like the fake scoops too, makes me feel like a ricer, they did something it'd be different

Quick Reply: what DON'T you like?