4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

So....my car got hit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default So....my car got hit

So like the title says, someone hit me. Nothing too serious, you know, I'm at the dentist getting a filling. Nothing major. The dentist is half way drilling my teeth and the receptionist come and ask, "Crash, do you drive a black mustang? Because someone backed into you." I get up with a numb *** face and go outside. Thankfully, the lady who hit me stayed and told the receptionist. Otherwise I'd be out of a $1000 for my deductible. The lady told me that she didn't see my car at all and backed up as if she there was nothing behind her. She had a Toyota suv. her car has a dent in it and mine.......well I need a new headlight and the fender is dented up. My front bumper is scuffed up a little bit. Honestly, it could be polished out but I don't want that. So I spoke with the body shop and told them to order the termi front bumper!!!!!!!!!!SCORE!!!

But that's not the bad part. So I recently installed my JLT Intake the other day, and I need to secure it a little better. I have it were DD isn't an issue, but when she hit me, it knocked it off the pipe. Now, what does that mean? I have to drive my car up a ramp halfway, jack my car up and take the wheel off just to get to the MAF and filter. I had my car towed home because the car starts and dies. Now that irritates me since I have school to get to in the morning. I get my ****ty rental Kia Optima..ugh....here are some pics. Enjoy guys.
Cliffs: At dentist appt.
Lady backs up into my car
Car towed and I get a ****ty Kia.....

Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

that sucks man but at least u get a sweet *** termi bumper!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Man you had a bad day lol. Sorry to hear that. On one hand i respect the lady for sticking around, and on the other i'd have to hold my temper in check if somebody hit my baby.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:24 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Wow, like how the story ended, I read "I was in the dentist getting a filling..." and I was like I already know how this story ends, "then I come out and find this." Kudos to the chick for sticking around and being honest about it.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

I smell a cobra bumper......
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

that sucks man but an 03 04 cobra bumper on a bullitt should have kept the stock bumper for it imo
Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Man you had a bad day lol. Sorry to hear that. On one hand i respect the lady for sticking around, and on the other i'd have to hold my temper in check if somebody hit my baby.
I agree. I was hella numb at this point so I was biting my cheek to quiet myself. I did acknowledge that and thanked her for admitting it. I know the temptation is hella strong to just run for it.
Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
that sucks man but an 03 04 cobra bumper on a bullitt should have kept the stock bumper for it imo
Really? On the Bullitt forum that I'm on, a termi bumper on a Bullitt equals sex my friend.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

You wouldnt get that out of the bumper man. Thats why i had to scrap my front bumper...but at least youre getting a termie bumper out of it!!! thats the only reason i got a termie bumper because my GT was messed up. Sorry for what happened, but congrats on the new mod.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

That's good you are getting something good out of it. And as someone said before, that's good that the lady stuck around. Nobody does that anymore and flees the scene. Too many ******** like that these days.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

why no pictures of the sweet rental? Im pretty sure we all want to see the Kia... Sorry to hear about getting hit but it sounds like it all worked out pretty good for you though.

Quick Reply: So....my car got hit