4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

first wash in a year lol....wheel advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Default first wash in a year lol....wheel advice

i know the car is nowhere near perfect...but im doing the best with what i can afford... nice to have it semi clean now...still needs a lot of detailing but nothing i wanted to get into today

and i know the wheels looks horrid...if i decide to leave them polished, im actually going to polish them and get them looking nice....oh and the vent is broke, but i plan to delete them anyways and put a panel there with nitrous pressure, volts, and trans temp gauges in it

im swaying back and forth on whether to polish these wheels up real nice or have them powdercoated black....what do you guys think?

enjoy

Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

I think the car looks great, especially that engine bay. lol Those wheels would look great powder coated but if money is an issue it would be cheaper just to polish them. They will look great either way.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

christ i guess this isnt a daily driver, lol, i agree, powder coat them if you can afford it, otherwise a nice polish would be good...if you do powdercoat them you wont be able to find it in a dark parking lot, just letting you know lol
Old 03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by DarkShadow04
christ i guess this isnt a daily driver, lol, i agree, powder coat them if you can afford it, otherwise a nice polish would be good...if you do powdercoat them you wont be able to find it in a dark parking lot, just letting you know lol
it used to have black cobras on it... and i want to eventually pick up some black saleens to run around with on the street

traded the cobras for the prostars

i miss having black wheels, but ive never seen a car with black prostars so im not sure about it yet lol
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

black wheels ftw, besides that good looking car, I'd DD it lol
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

try it, never seen before can sometimes be good, love your license plate btw lol
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I would just polish the prostars. There is just something about a nice shiny track wheel IMO. Plus if you get black saleens, you will kinda have the option to choose if you wanna go dark for the day or bling!

Car looks good. Drop that front til it kisses the ground
Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Dammit that's a sweet strip car! Is it streetable? I mean I know those drag tires arent...but other than that. Tagged an all?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

yea its going to be a street/strip car

and im undecided on wheels at the moment lol...i put up a thread in the chop shop to try and get a PS

hpwrestler, thats as far down as the nose is going to go... i only have about 4-5" of clearance at the moment from the ground to the k member...it looks so high because i have a 1.5" spacer on the k member, which essentially acts as a body lift....the suspension up front is slammed (cant even get a jack under the k member without driving onto blocks), but the body isnt...better angle for the drivetrain and more hood clearance with the 460
Old 03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
it used to have black cobras on it... and i want to eventually pick up some black saleens to run around with on the street

traded the cobras for the prostars

i miss having black wheels, but ive never seen a car with black prostars so im not sure about it yet lol
blk saleens on your car ftw

Quick Reply: first wash in a year lol....wheel advice