4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Would buy my car for 20K???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

20k? This is an early April fools joke thread rite?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

No not 20k. Imma have to go with the 16-16.5k.

Its a badass car dont' get me wrong...but people don't wanna pay for somthing that coulda been beat on w/ that kinda power(not saying you do)...always that risk ppl think about.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

yeah man, it sounds like a nice car, but you're not going to get much if any money back for the mods... if anything that will scare ppl off bc they're going think it was abused (not saying it was, I'm sure you've taken great care of it) good luck with the sale though, hopefully someone will find your car and give you what you want for it
Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
yeah man, it sounds like a nice car, but you're not going to get much if any money back for the mods... if anything that will scare ppl off bc they're going think it was abused (not saying it was, I'm sure you've taken great care of it) good luck with the sale though, hopefully someone will find your car and give you what you want for it
i feel differently on this aspect

ide rather buy a car with a fully built engine than one with a stock engine and bolt ons / sc whatever...

people who drop 10k or more in just mods, tend to take care of their rides a little better.... sure it probably gets driven hard, but thats what it was built for, and im sure whoever owns it keeps up on the maintenance VERY thoroughly as to not ruin thousands of dollars worth of parts

i used to beat the hell outta my car...i raped it like i was on an unsupervised test drive lol...now that ive got so much money and time into it, i treat it with a little more respect...sure its gonna get raped still, thats what its made for, but it wont ever be abused like before, and the maintenance will be done before its due, just outta precaution
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

^^ +1,000
You hit the nail on the head with that one.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

yeah with that kind of work done to it I bet he takes extremely good care of it. you never know you might find the right buyer good luck
Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I seeeeee you Tim :P Guess whats gonna be mine soon?

I want UPDATES on your setup when you gonna get that mammoth running?

I'm going to be calling you soon as well got some Q's on shipping.

This thread may now continue...lol....I would buy a cobra for 20k before I bought that for 20k, might be a bit ambitious.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
^^ +1,000
You hit the nail on the head with that one.
^^ absolutely 1000% with all the coin invested car it is well maintained and care for... i love my car in end i will probably keep it but who knows maybe someone will be interested or sees the value in a car with brand new built motor with greater performance than a 50K GT500...
Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

Y does it still have the stock heads? It looks like a lot of time and cash was put in on this car, but I would have though a built like it would have a good set of heads put on. That b n said when I was lookin 4 a stang I didn't want 1 built because I thought it would b abused worse than a bone stock car. Now I would gladly pay a little more 4 the built car. Mods on these bitches aint cheap
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

its not a horrible price, your best bet for that kind of money though. A dealer. If you know someone who owns a dealership or even talk to one and they let you put it on thier lot for a small price, id say its doo able. Other than that though, to much for most people considering its not a cobra...even if it would stomp a stock one. There were times were i almost bought modded cars becuase it makes more financial sense...but it mainly really hard because nothing is going to have exactally what i want for a price i can afford. Thats why i just bought my own lol. Id keep it, all i can think about is how id regret selling somthing with 500 plus HP lol

Quick Reply: Would buy my car for 20K???