4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Name that year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:17 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

02 gt with a 4v swap
Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

2001.5 pep boys edition?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

^ Haha

Who's our Roush experts? Being that the guy was so old I want to think he wouldn't do all that while still keeping the integrity of a mustang.

What does a stage one Roush with a 4v consist of early New edges? I can't believe anyone would buy true Roush wheels, and badges. (Especially because they were 17''s)

Does rough use V6's as base body platforms like some Saleens do/did?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by sxynerd
^ Haha

Who's our Roush experts? Being that the guy was so old I want to think he wouldn't do all that while still keeping the integrity of a mustang.

What does a stage one Roush with a 4v consist of early New edges? I can't believe anyone would buy true Roush wheels, and badges. (Especially because they were 17''s)

Does rough use V6's as base body platforms like some Saleens do/did?
i didnt know there was any stage 1 roushes with 4vs...in all honesty, i didnt even know there was roush cars with 4vs at all...
Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I imagine I could possibly (Slim chance) be wrong on it being a 4v but it 100% sounded like a 4v. I would be willing to put money on it that it had a 4v. (But like I said maybe a slim chance.)

My only thought could be that the old man bought it used bastardly modified.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

ok so do you know what year it was and the significance of this car or are you just asking us to see if anyone on here has any idea bc I'm really confused and it may have something to do w the zero hours of sleep I got last night and the accounting exam I took at 8am this morning and the fact it was st. patty's last night... so is it like a super modded out roush or a misbadge 01ish cobra and the old man was just happy to have a fun american car to drive around that he got a great deal on
Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

Are you suggesting that someone 60 wouldn't modify a mustang?

Oh wait, I get it... You're suggesting that someone 60 would have too much common sense and good taste to modify the car that way.

I agree.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

At the Gas station this morning and an old guy pulls up next to my ricer and start to pump gas. The guy had to be in his 60-70's. I said, "nice mustang" and he replied, "thanks." Before you guys start to think, "Are these guys going to have a moment?", my attention is turned back to the mustang.

Here's what I saw:
Roush badges on the fenders
17" "Real" Roush wheels
01+ factory tinted headlights
Not lowered
03 Termi Hood
"Vinyl" convertible top
No Roush fascia front or rear
not lowered
No blower but a very health 4v

Name that year?
Was it lowered?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Well, to my knowledge, there was never a Roush built that did not have a front or rear facia(full or lip) from Roush. There were a few..and i mean a very few 4v Roush vehicles built/coverted and all of them had a full stage 3 package.

My guess to your question would be that it was probably a 01+ 2v roush(stage 1 since there was no blower) who's front facia lip was ripped off/etc and never replaced.
The 17" roush wheels are $$$$ and not to mention very hard to find(assuming they were the argent wheels). So not too many ppl actually get there hands on them and put them on a reg gt.
However, the car should be lowered some if it is in fact a true roush. Maybe the owner thought the car was too low and swapped the roush springs for stockers?

The hood would have to be added to the stage 1.... so now the vehicle becomes modified....
With the above said, it might just be a reg gt that the guy or previous owner planned to turn into a roush/cobra clone?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

At the Gas station this morning and an old guy pulls up next to my ricer and start to pump gas. The guy had to be in his 60-70's. I said, "nice mustang" and he replied, "thanks." Before you guys start to think, "Are these guys going to have a moment?", my attention is turned back to the mustang.

Here's what I saw:
Roush badges on the fenders
17" "Real" Roush wheels
01+ factory tinted headlights
Not lowered
03 Termi Hood
"Vinyl" convertible top
No Roush fascia front or rear
not lowered
No blower but a very health 4v

Name that year?
I thought it was a joke and was a civic with the mustang body kit...

My guess was that it was a 2001 SVT Cobra. Sxynerd never said that it didn't have a cobra body kit, all he said was that it didn't have a roush front or rear fascia. Could have been the cobras for all we know. Which would explain how he knows about the 4v and no blower. They also came in convertible with the black smoked out headlights, and the 03 cobra hood swap is cake. It would also explain why it isn't lowered. The roush badges could have been added along with the rims.

Quick Reply: Name that year?