4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

aftermarket steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by 2k1gt
I am going to agree with Hoss on this one. Aftermarket momo type steering wheels on a street car is retarded. I would kill for an fr500 wheel though.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion--everybody has one, just like that certain part of the anatomy we all possess...
Old 03-21-2010, 11:22 AM
cajungt
2nd Gear Member

Is'nt the fr500 wheel considered aftermarket for our cars? Why is that one not retarted if all aftermarket wheels suck, or rice? Not sure I follow that line of reasoning.

Last edited by cajungt; 03-21-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Umm, that should be retarded, sometimes I'm a retard.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cajungt
Is'nt the fr500 wheel considered aftermarket for our cars? Why is that one not retarted if all aftermarket wheels suck, or rice? Not sure I follow that line of reasoning.
Because it looks just like the stock wheel......

Not like something from The fast and the furious.

Nowhere did I say "all" aftermarket steering wheels are retarded or rice.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM
cajungt
2nd Gear Member

Gotcha! It looks a little fatter. Perforated leather grips. An improvement sure. I guess maybe I'm a 37 yr old ricer then. I like the Momo's etc. Like what U see in high end Italian sports cars. That is a nice wheel by the way..
Old 03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
Your an idiot! Way to over analyze my post
Yet again, you amaze me with your skilled debate style.

If you're going to try and argue a point, don't:

1) call the person an idiot
2) use ****ty, weak points to prove your point of view

You call HOSS out, and then throw up this meaningless backup. If you're gonna call someone out, at least make an effort.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
You are certainly entitled to your opinion--everybody has one, just like that certain part of the anatomy we all possess...
^winner
Old 03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424
Yet again, you amaze me with your skilled debate style.

If you're going to try and argue a point, don't:

1) call the person an idiot
2) use ****ty, weak points to prove your point of view

You call HOSS out, and then throw up this meaningless backup. If you're gonna call someone out, at least make an effort.
Your right I'm sorry! I'm the idiot I will go to my corner and cry now.
Hoss said anything added to a car that had no performance value was rice. The things I put in my post where things people add to there car that add 0 performance value but nobody considers them rice I said nothing about them being installed by the OEM on any cars
Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

What anyone does to their car is their business, it may make me vomit however I will defend to the death their right to do it...

Old 03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

I like the look of aftermarket steering wheels on race cars, but on streetcars the thick steering column behind an aftermarket steering wheel doesn't look right. The stck steering wheel seems to flow down to the column. But to each his own just don't make me slap it on my car.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by fidelcastrol
I like the look of aftermarket steering wheels on race cars, but on streetcars the thick steering column behind an aftermarket steering wheel doesn't look right. The stck steering wheel seems to flow down to the column. But to each his own just don't make me slap it on my car.
I agree, the guy's designing steering columns must have thought they'd died and gone to Heaven when the exploding¹ steering wheels were mandated.

---------------------------------------------
¹ - BTW, were you aware that airbags, disconnected from any power source and therefore virtually impossible to detonate, cannot be shipped vis USPS as they are considered "hazardous explosive material".

However the same government says it's OK for you to drive down the road with one 18" from your face and connected to a computer controlled triggering device...

Quick Reply: aftermarket steering wheel