4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Placed order for H&R SS Lowering Springs!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
Yea there was no iso's what so ever in there. No, they didnt squeek or anything, they did a little as i left my drive way but i usually couldnt hear it over my exhaust i guess. I had 275's up front so they did run my struts a little, nothing major though. and Like teej said, get an alignment ASAP, the mechanic that did mine said without my camber plates he wouldnt have been able to line it up correctly
are you serious? Lol teej you still got those caster camber plates? Do you think they will be able to lign mine up?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I got the c/c plates bud. Im passively selling them and they arent listed anywhere. They are yours if you want them. With c/c plates they will be able to do it perfect...but without they wont. I have only a 1.4" drop and they couldnt get my alignment perfect...but its ok cus coilovers and mm coilovers are on their way soon. Just let me know if you want them and they are yours for whatever price we discussed.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:29 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I got the c/c plates bud. Im passively selling them and they arent listed anywhere. They are yours if you want them. With c/c plates they will be able to do it perfect...but without they wont. I have only a 1.4" drop and they couldnt get my alignment perfect...but its ok cus coilovers and mm coilovers are on their way soon. Just let me know if you want them and they are yours for whatever price we discussed.
i mean, im not sure. i might just have them get the alignment as close as possible and say screw it. because im gonna get it aligned monday or tuesday so i doubt we could meet up and get the cc plates. Can you still drive normally even if theyre not 100% aligned? Will my tires wear allot quicker? any other down sides...
Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

yea they will wear faster on the insides, or outside depending on how it is messed up
Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

And you'll feel it out of alignment at higher speeds and your car will feel slightly unstable at like 55+. Thats how my car was before i got my alignment and even still since its not perfect i still get a slight wobble to the wheel when going highway speeds.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
And you'll feel it out of alignment at higher speeds and your car will feel slightly unstable at like 55+. Thats how my car was before i got my alignment and even still since its not perfect i still get a slight wobble to the wheel when going highway speeds.
im going to get it aligned, thats where my first drive is going to be. i wasn't thinking of going anywhere without getting it aligned first.. the alignment shop is about 10 miles away. do you think it will be good?

soo were you saying it will feel unstable at 55+ without an alignment.. or after the alignment? and if its after the alignment, how unstable are we talking?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

he meant without the alignment budders. that ud feel shakin/pulling. but aligned you'll have much less in the way of problems driving on the lower stance
Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
he meant without the alignment budders. that ud feel shakin/pulling. but aligned you'll have much less in the way of problems driving on the lower stance
sweet. i was getting worried their for a second.. and i know the alignment isnt going to be 100% perfect.. im pretty sure id have to get the cc plates for the to be able to adjust it to 100%. correct me if im wrong.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:44 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

nope ur pretty right on. depending on the final drop and other things. but depending on how the alignment goes, u could be very close to great without cc plates.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
nope ur pretty right on. depending on the final drop and other things. but depending on how the alignment goes, u could be very close to great without cc plates.
really? teej was saying i almost needed to get those CC plates.. then again, he has the exact C/C plates for sale he was offering them to me so thats prob why he said that stuff.. lol i would do the same thing if i was tryna sell something like that and i was in his situation.

Quick Reply: Placed order for H&R SS Lowering Springs!!