MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Placed order for H&R SS Lowering Springs!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/592922-placed-order-for-h-and-r-ss-lowering-springs.html)

budders 03-24-2010 10:07 PM

Placed order for H&R SS Lowering Springs!!

Just placed my order with AmericanMuscle.com! So excited, cant wait till they get here, and till theyre installed! Any one have install tips/important things to mention?

Im pretty sure im gonna drop all the isos (top and bottom) on each spring, wrap em in duct tape, and greese em so they wont squeek. Thats what i've heard works well.

I really like the look without the ISOs i want it as low as possible. Lol, Im going to regret this with the horrible PA roads around here!

teej281 03-24-2010 10:12 PM

AWESOME!!! I cant wait to see the wheels and the new stance all on the car!!!

naza 03-24-2010 10:20 PM

Cant wait for some pics bro!! how does that duct tape work??

budders 03-24-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by teej281 (Post 6900434)
AWESOME!!! I cant wait to see the wheels and the new stance all on the car!!!

haha yeah it is awesome!! i know, me niether.. and im kinda pissed about the wheels! i havent hear from the guy in a few days, i think hes a drunk or something witch is kinda sad. I got a few calls last night from a blocked number, obviously drunk, rambling on about how hes gonna drive from NJ to PA to sell me the wheels... its sad. im not sure what to do, ditch the guy or wait till he sobers up? lol.

budders 03-24-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by naza (Post 6900466)
Cant wait for some pics bro!! how does that duct tape work??

Dude, trust me. theres going to be plenty of pictures! im a pic whore, lol.

and the duct tape thing.. im pretty sure i read it on here..

If you take out the isos, to prevent squeaking you can wrap the ends of each spring, the tails, in duct tape, and then grease them up so the dont squeak at all. I should prob look into this more, but it sounds like a good idea it seems legit.

bopiela 03-24-2010 10:32 PM

budders, u prob read it in one of my threads because i think teej or hp told me to do that. u might get urs before i get my suspension kit, because u ordered from AM... Mine had to be ordered from the factory and still haven't shipped.... ARGHHH!!!!!!

But congrats and good luck on wheels. haha. will look tight!

boduke0220 03-24-2010 10:36 PM

You will love them! thats what i had on my old GT and it would hang a damn curve lol..rode like crap because i had the stock shocks n struts on there

Nestang 03-24-2010 10:36 PM

Nice you should be happy with them, I sure the hell am :D

budders 03-25-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nestang (Post 6900513)
Nice you should be happy with them, I sure the hell am :D

pics!?

teej281 03-25-2010 06:32 AM

I can tell from the avatar pic that Nestang's car is gonna look teets.