4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

H&R Super Sport Springs have arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

congrats! I love suspension mods, taking the car hard through some turns for the 1st time is always the best feeling after doing them... get some geeaarrs dude (4.10)
Old 03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

if I had the money I would have got it down, but right now I'm just getting the essentials done, lowering, weels, and tint. After I get all that done I'll start to save for some gears and coilovers, tune.. Ect... There's so many things I wanna do to the car it's just I don't have all the money. It's hard enough doin this stuff too it. Insurance and gas are hard on me too..
Old 03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

sweet, budders, how hard is the install? ive read the AM instructions, but you have actually done it! haha.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by SideSwipe
The ride should be similar to the pro kit, i think the SS only go down an extra 0.2" of a inch if i remember correctly...compared to the pro kit
Not only does the springs lower it .2 more inches, but it also adds a lot of spring rate, which means they will ride rougher. But i doubt its anything close to being harsh. Its gonna be firm, but not like buck board rough unless you dont do shocks and struts.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:59 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
sweet, budders, how hard is the install? ive read the AM instructions, but you have actually done it! haha.
Its not bad, it wasnt SO HARD, its not impossible. Its completly do-able if you can turn a wrench. Me and my friend are complete idots. We dont know anything about cars and such. i mean, i can do the basics like oil change, spark plugs ect.. but im learning, and today was a great learning experience for both of us. If it wasnt for the instructions it wouldnt have been possible. Also, a tip.. print out diagrams of the front suspension if you have no clue what parts are called what, like we had no clue. this is very helpfull. lol, it would have been allot easier if my mechanic friend was here. he's a busy guy though, kinda sucks but i didnt feel like waiting so i got another friend to help out. Dude, you can do it! he has a 01 mustang, completly stock, he said if it goes smooth and looks good on mine, hes gonna pull the trigger buy the hr ss and im gonna help him since he helped me do mine.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

good to know budders. i cant wait to get mine. i already have a couple friends lined up to help. i told them id buy the beer and pizza if they helped haha
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
good to know budders. i cant wait to get mine. i already have a couple friends lined up to help. i told them id buy the beer and pizza if they helped haha
lol nice! and are'nt you doing the shocks too? i didnt take my shocks out, just the springs.. im sure the shocks would just come out with a few bolts.. it might be harder though..
Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

from the instructions ive seen, it looks like u have to remove some of the shock bolts to get the springs anyway, so its just a little more. and yeah, the ones i got almost look like coil overs. theyre not, but almsot seem to be set up the same way... theyre not adjustable either i know. but should be good for DDing
Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

thats good dude. btw, your wheels are awesome. and its gonna look better lowered. haha
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

thanks man. i love them. im really glad i took the chance on them because the photoshopped pics i had done with these wheels didnt look this way at all, haha.

and i cant wait til i get it lowered, but yeah... they still ahvent shipped, haha.

Quick Reply: H&R Super Sport Springs have arrived