4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

About to pull the trigger on some Saleen wheels, need your opinions!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Exclamation About to pull the trigger on some Saleen wheels, need your opinions!

EDIT: I bought em guys! 946 shipped to my door, with maxxis MA V1 tires, mounted and blanaced. they are 265-35-18. cant wait till they get here! i will have tons of pics up for you guys. Dont mind anything i posted earlier.
Just look at the pictures at the bottom!

another update: they shipped out of houston tonight, i got a tracking number and everything. estimated delivery date is 4/01/10 AKA THURSDAY!!!!! so excited, getting them quicker than expected!!!

1. as the title said, im about to buy a set of saleen wheels off of ebay!!

2. They are saleen 18x9 wheels.

3. they didnt have those tires in stock, but they said they could mount up some maxxis mav1s, the guy said its a better tire and he's sellin them to me for the wholesale price. and the price is gonna be the same.

4. The only thing im concered with is the finish... "These wheels are polished to a mirror finish. "

5. not sure exactly what that means, is it chrome? will this "polished to a mirror finish" be hard to keep clean? will they chip, corrode ect..

6. The weels are 946 shipped to my door, thats with tires, mounted and balanced.

7. The reason im buying them on here is because im tired of dealing with BULLSH!T people on craigslist... We had a time, place and everything setup, then one excuse happens... then he drops off the face of the earth. Pisses me off-

8. another thing is, they are not staggered ... (18x9, 18x10) i really wanted teh staggered look but there is sets on ebay of saleen wheels, but they look different than the regular saleens, they kinda have nuts going all the way around the rim. i dont like that.

9. I might just get wheel spacers.. idk or i might just leave it the way it is and just bolt em up.

10. oh yeah and, i was supposed to finish lowering my car today, but the sh1tty pa weather decided it was going to torrential downpour today. ill get it done by friday though, hopefully tomorrow or wednesday.

11. So what should i do about the saleen wheels? say screw, buy em? or what?

12. ive always wanted saleen wheels since the day i got on this forum and saw them on a car. Im thinking about just buying them and not looking back, but am i making the mistake of not getting 18x10s in the rear? i really like that though.

13. heres the link to the ebay page, $946 shipped to my door. What do you guys think?

14. (the reason for the numbering is because i have posted multiple things in a thread before and only got answers to one question, this way i hopefully get peoples opinions on everything i covered in my thread. thanks guys)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...#ht_5217wt_898

They look awfully sexy to me.

EDIT: damnt, i just realized it wasnt "buy it now" fml. i guess im gonna be searching again. or im gonna call em up and ask them if i can buy it now.

another EDIT: GOOD NEWS!! im on the phone with them right now, really nice people over a wheel index!! they are checking to see if they have the tires in stock and if they do they might let me just buy it now for the listed price... stay tuned for updates... minute by minute, brought to you by budders (for people who care)

EDIT update: they didnt have those tires in stock, but they said they could mount up some maxxis mav1s, the guy said its a better tire and he's sellin them to me for the wholesale price. and the price is gonna be the same. he said i can buy it through them for the same price even with the upgraded tires.

Last UPDATE: EDIT: I bought em guys! 946 shipped to my door, with maxxis MA V1 tires, mounted and blanaced. they are 265-35-18. cant wait till they get here! i will have tons of pics up for you guys. Dont mind anything i posted earlier.
Just look at the pictures at the bottom!
wow, im happy now.
UPDATE: they shipped out of houston tonight, i got a tracking number and everything. estimated delivery date is 4/01/10 AKA THURSDAY!!!!! so excited, getting them quicker than expected!!!

Last edited by budders; 03-30-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Polished is sexy...but you have to keep polishing them so they dont look dull. I wish they were 18x10 in the rear because i think thats what you really want and you might kick yourself in the end for not getting them. But you can always get those later and keep 2 of the four 18x9's for drag radials or something. More later though. See if they have the 18x10's while youre on the phone.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Wow. That's a good deal, I'm lookn at the fr500 I might get them right now if it's good quality. Keep meup dated
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

ehh just buy them already
Old 03-29-2010, 10:37 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Polished is sexy...but you have to keep polishing them so they dont look dull. I wish they were 18x10 in the rear because i think thats what you really want and you might kick yourself in the end for not getting them. But you can always get those later and keep 2 of the four 18x9's for drag radials or something. More later though. See if they have the 18x10's while youre on the phone.
i asked him, they said they had them but they would be more. cant afford it. lol. and yeah, i figured, if i really dont like the 18x9 look after i get em on ill try it for a while and ill sell em if i dont like it and buy a 18x10 set.

And i just got off the phone, and hes about to send me a paypal invoice im very happy.

and yes, ill keep them polished. im a freak about that stuff. Ill go get some aluminum polish this weekend.

he said shipping is gonna be 4-5 days and they'll ship today.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Dude, buy them. Put 275s on them, and the tires will be fat enough. I have 18x9 saleens all the way around with 275 35 18 tires on it and I can't even go to get gas without someone commenting on my rims. Simply put, you are going to love them.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by k2xsnow
Wow. That's a good deal, I'm lookn at the fr500 I might get them right now if it's good quality. Keep meup dated
all updates are at the bottom of the original post :P

current update.. waiting for them to send the paypal invoice.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SonicMustang143
Dude, buy them. Put 275s on them, and the tires will be fat enough. I have 18x9 saleens all the way around with 275 35 18 tires on it and I can't even go to get gas without someone commenting on my rims. Simply put, you are going to love them.

haha are you serious?! i kinda want that... maybe for a week. it might get old real quick.

I know when i go dirtbiking to a track we usually stop and get gas before, when i roll up in my Sierra Denali, they all compliment the 20's on it, then they look back and see 4 race bikes on a trailer and start drooling. i guess it might be like that. Those people make my day sometimes..

Last edited by budders; 03-29-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:46 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

haha you know what I meant. I don't know about you but getting compliments on my stang is something I really love getting.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:53 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

yeah but if every retard stops to ask you what kinda motor you have, pop the hood, ect.. it might get old.. idk though, it might be fun

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger on some Saleen wheels, need your opinions!