4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

The Saga Begins(2.1L Kenne Bell)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
01 P-51G t
1st Gear Member

If your so worried about the kb stock tune, why dont you put it in 'valet mode' til you get it dynoed?
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

i would not risk driving it. 4400 seems abit high though but congrats on your new found power.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Hangwire, those rim you have are the same as mine. They are actually 01 Cobras because they are chrome, not like the 99 Cobras that were i think polished. IIRC. And they were an option on 02 or 03 and up GT's

And i thought they were 17x9 but maybe i measured them wrong.....
Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 AM
CitadelBulldogs
1st Gear Member

I bet that is very exciting. I mean, I can barely wait for BOLT ONS to arrive in the mail, let alone a supercharger!!! I wouldn't be able to sleep!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Congrats man!! i know how you feel on waiting. I have been building my car for 3 years now.. I decided to build it before i BLOW it.. mhmmm Blow.... But yea congrats!!!

My build is coming to an end. FINALLY!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01 P-51G t
If your so worried about the kb stock tune, why dont you put it in 'valet mode' til you get it dynoed?
Its not going to be KB's stock tune. This is a used kit that was programmed for a different PCM code therefore will not work with my car. I'll be getting a baseline tune from a shop.

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
i would not risk driving it. 4400 seems abit high though but congrats on your new found power.
After taxes, shipping and all Tim paid right around $5,460. Paying $1000 less for only 2,000 miles aint too shabby. $4,400 is still however 4,400......lots of money.

Originally Posted by gif4445
Hangwire, those rim you have are the same as mine. They are actually 01 Cobras because they are chrome, not like the 99 Cobras that were i think polished. IIRC. And they were an option on 02 or 03 and up GT's

And i thought they were 17x9 but maybe i measured them wrong.....
Ahhhhh things are starting to make sense its crazy that theres such little "searchable" info out there. I remember spending hours one day trying to find rhyme and reason to these rims because I never see them on New Edge GT's. Mine say "17x8" on the inside of the rim.

Originally Posted by CitadelBulldogs
I bet that is very exciting. I mean, I can barely wait for BOLT ONS to arrive in the mail, let alone a supercharger!!! I wouldn't be able to sleep!

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
Congrats man!! i know how you feel on waiting. I have been building my car for 3 years now.. I decided to build it before i BLOW it.. mhmmm Blow.... But yea congrats!!!

My build is coming to an end. FINALLY!
You and your fancy 2.6L.....if I had more money id probly spend it but I've got to stop at some point.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:31 PM
01 P-51G t
1st Gear Member

Baseline tune, kb tune, whatever.. not relevant

why dont you put it in 'valet mode' til you get it dynoed?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Well.... Did you get it??
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Power is addictive! be careful
Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Oh what a day yesterday. Yes I got the blower yesterday. But yesterday also turned out to be a day in hell at work. I BARELY had time to yank everything out of the Egyptian Pharoah Tomb of a box. I mean seriously Tim I didnt know you did work for the columbian drug cartel he packed this **** nice!

I have plenty of pics but the ancient comp at work I use only has two USB slots and both are used up by the keyboard/mouse. Was gonna post pics yesterday when I got home but I was so tired I passed out at 7PM and woke up at 4AM I was like well **** that was a wasted night I've been up since lol.

Unfortunately the guy sent me a text last week and said he forgot to ship some brackets and the BAP. He had it taken out because he was going to sell the BAP....I believe he had adequate fuel pumps in his car. Good thing he noticed though cuz I sure would have and I woulda been like ok bro wheres my BAP . BAP and brackets will be here today or tomorrow. Hes been an awesome dude throughout the whole process I told him the day I had him reserve it for me I could find somebody with $4,400 cash in hand ready to buy and he totally let me make payments instead.

I looked through every step of the install it is much easier than I thought. I did however start becoming confused at the part where you re-wire the IAT wires to the new sensor. Also started getting confused at the part where you start wiring the IC pump into the positive battery wire cluster. I think seeing those things in person will clear up my confusion. I'm also a little worried about finding bolts and hardware seeing as its not all packaged new and labeled.

P-51G - I'm now seeing what "valet mode" is and i've already decided im gonna be taking it straight to the dyno shop upon first startup. I will be using this to drive there.

Some coolant had made its way out of the intercooler during shipment and i'm hoping it didnt ruin an injector.

Anyways pics n stuff when I get home today and probably more comments/questions.

Quick Reply: The Saga Begins(2.1L Kenne Bell)