4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Front Bumper and hood..What u think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

In my opinion, and you did ask, the absurdly large openings look bad enough as it is. Add the "expanded metal from Ace Hardware screening" and they really get that "ghetto-sled" look down pat.

I also agree about the hood and horsepower, it's the same as very loud exhust systems--if you are going to be driving around advertising stuff like that you really should have the HP to back it up--or you end up looking almost as silly as like the kid down the street.

You know that kid--the one with a dead stock '01 Honda Civic with the flapping in the wind body kit (paint to match optional), the fart cannon 6-1/2" exhaust tip, and then topping it all off a 2 foot tall wing that makes the whole thing look like one of those kiddie shopping carts at Walmart...

Last edited by cliffyk; 04-03-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
95boostang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
In my opinion, and you did ask, the absurdly large openings look bad enough as it is. Add the "expanded metal from Ace Hardware screening" and they really get that "ghetto-sled" look down pat.

I also agree about the hood and horsepower, it's the same as very loud exhust systems--if you are going to be driving around advertising stuff like that you really should have the HP to back it up--or you end up looking almost as silly as like the kid down the street.

You know taht kid--the one with a dead stock '01 Honda Civic with the flapping in the wind body kit (paint to match optional), the fart cannon 6-1/2" exhaust tip, and then topping it all off a 2 foot tall wing that makes the whole thing look like one of those kiddie shopping carts at Walmart...
......^ yea lol that bumper is hoooooorible . get a stock stang bumper with a chin spoiler
Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
CitadelBulldogs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk

You know taht kid--the one with a dead stock '01 Honda Civic with the flapping in the wind body kit (paint to match optional), the fart cannon 6-1/2" exhaust tip, and then topping it all off a 2 foot tall wing that makes the whole thing look like one of those kiddie shopping carts at Walmart...
You mean those things I pick out of my grille??? Oh yes, I know all too well...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

I suggest that you wait until car show season in your area, then go check a few out to get some ideas. Some of these hoods and bumpers fit like crap (not to mention poor all around craftmanship or build quality) and only look good in the advertisements. Regarding the hood you're looking at, I've seen a couple up close before and think that they look ridiculous; the bumper is definitely not anything I would choose either. But it's your car, dude, and you should feel free to do what you like and if someone gives you sh*t about it you also have the right to tell them to eat a bag of dicks.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:51 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AuburnStang00
...grille delete coming soon...too ricey lookin for me
No offense but, the bumper isn't too ricey for you? In my opinion just like suggested find a stock bumper or a cobra bumper and go for that. You should be able to get a stock bumper fairly cheap.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

termi bumper cowl hood
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 AM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
termi bumper cowl hood
exactly!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
AuburnStang00
1st Gear Member

Well i guess ill just get a stock GT hood from the 01 and up...and i guess on the bumper ill just not get one for a while because i dont have the money to get a rear bumper...i wonder if i take the side skirts off if the paint will be damaged? Thanks for the opinions
Old 04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

any mustng bumper (99cobra, 03 cobra, saleen or stock) dont u dare put that ricey bs on there
Old 04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
IRSmart
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WOH HRSY
No offense but, the bumper isn't too ricey for you? In my opinion just like suggested find a stock bumper or a cobra bumper and go for that. You should be able to get a stock bumper fairly cheap.
i was going to post the exact same thing

Quick Reply: New Front Bumper and hood..What u think?