4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

A day that I will, unfortunately, never forget...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Georgio281
1st Gear Member

Default A day that I will, unfortunately, never forget...

Today at around noon, I was involved in a bad accident. Before I go on, I'm ok, aside from a stiff neck.

I was traveling on a main road, doing 45mph (45mph zone), and I noticed a big flatbed truck waiting to make a right turn onto the street. I was in the far right lane, with moderate traffic in the lanes next to me. Now, there was plenty of room behind me for the truck to enter the road when I passed. However, he decided not to check his left-hand side and plow into the street. He pulls out right into me, and I catch the back of the flatbed. I swerved under hard braking in order to avoid going underneath the truck, and I did. Still, the results weren't pretty. I was dreading getting out of the car to see the aftermath.

Oh, I almost forgot, the jackass took off after the incident, hit and run. I didn't get his plates down as I was in shock for a while, but plenty of witnesses saw what happened (one of which was an attorney), and luckily there are street cameras there that caught the whole incident. I'm gonna make sure he gets ****ed within an inch of his life. I could have been severely injured, he didn't know that. He just booked it. Also, the dumbass works at the place that he was pulling out of, and several coworkers told the cops on the scene who it was. I hope he goes to jail and eats ****. I'll be prosecuting his ***.

Anyways, I got out of the car and lost it when I saw what was left of her. I have so much attachment to that Mustang, and it completely crushed me. Here are some pics:

I feel sick looking at the pictures still. I was going to keep this car forever. I loved it so much, and I put a lot of time and effort into it. Every mod I had was exactly what I wanted; I never half-assed anything. It just sucks so much. Might sound corny, but I feel like I lost a dear friend. She'll always be missed. All my friends are devastated. They all loved that car so much, as well.

Here are some pics of the different stages she went through. I just want to remember the good times, and see how this car changed. I know I'm being a little emotional, but it is emotional, like it or not. This car was more than a hunk of metal to me.

Stock, when I first took ownership:

Added a Mach 1 chin spoiler and headlights with black housings:

Threw on the FR500 wheels:

Wing delete, tinted tails:

And then finally, black Terminator wheels with black headlights:

Throughout all these cosmetic changes, many performance mods were performed. I was going to lower her next weekend with Eibach Sportlines, along with the addition of a Terminator trunk lid. I had plans for a single turbo setup, as well. That was supposed to happen this summer. It's really unfortunate that I lost my car due to the ignorance of some loser piece of ****.

As for my next car, I don't know. It's too soon to think about it. Something I don't even want to discuss yet. I'll be rocking my cool Mazda 3 (sedan) rental for the next few weeks until things are sorted out. I have meetings with the adjusters tomorrow, so it'll be a busy day. But yeah... That's my situation, and it sucks. Lost something very dear to me.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

wow, my condolences! Glad to know you're alright!!! I don't know what I'd do if some idiot like that hit me and crushed a piece of my heart.

That car was beautiful and certaintly looked like a lot of time and sweat went into it. RIP! whatever you called her.

was there anyway you could have reduced your speed just to be pre-cautious and avoid the accident? God I hate being involved in accidents. I can't sleep right now due to backpains because of rear-end I was invloved in.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Georgio281
1st Gear Member

I reduced my speed as much as I could. He pulled out right into me, nothing I could do. Couldn't swerve around to the left due to traffic in the adjacent lane.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Damn. Sorry to hear. Hopefully it all works out for you and you get back in a another stang. Maybe a terminator!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I'm so sorry to hear that man, I hope everything works out for the best. Please get back into another stang, yours was gorgeous.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

glad you're ok. on a bright side, these cars are plentiful so getting back into one wont be hard, but i know how attached people can get to cars.

people outside the car hobby wouldn't understand. keep us updated with what happens.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 AM
01Bullitt82

Glad to hear you were ok, just look at the bright side now you can go car shopping and find something you will fall in love with all over again. Maybe a 4v this time.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

yeah thats really ****ty that car was super clean, atleast you're in one piece though, and it sounds like you will be taken care of, if that guy was driving a company truck their insurance should pay for it.

On another note, do you still have those fr-500s? how much you want for em?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

I believe him and a friend swapped wheels. ^^
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car! That really sucks, but good thing you're ok.

Quick Reply: A day that I will, unfortunately, never forget...