4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Post pics of Coil-Overs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
Hey moose, are those UPRs?
D&D performance
Old 04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

What shocks/struts is everybody running?

Are anybody's coil overs noisy? Idk why but i have heard a lot of people say that their sh*t is noisy. Must just be the struts
Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
D&D performance
moose, i must say that i do love the way your car sits.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

best pics I have=/ unfortunately the camera had no batts and my cell camera sucks

rear IRS coilover
Old 04-17-2010, 01:28 AM
vertmustang98gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
What shocks/struts is everybody running?

Are anybody's coil overs noisy? Idk why but i have heard a lot of people say that their sh*t is noisy. Must just be the struts
Mine atleast makes some noise. I wish I would have stuck with my Ford C Springs for DD. Coils are very nice though for performance if you team it up with other susp upgrades. All and all its all about personal preference and experience. I'd imagine some ppl are gonna say, yes there's make noise, and some ppl are gonna say no, they make no noise. Hope that helps
Old 04-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Coilovers should not make any noise unless the spring is not seated on the perch. Jack up the side that the noise is coming from and slowly lower it back down while making sure the coils are sitting on the lower perch.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:29 PM
massmustang02
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmac72187
Looks good, John.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Aereon
Coilovers should not make any noise unless the spring is not seated on the perch. Jack up the side that the noise is coming from and slowly lower it back down while making sure the coils are sitting on the lower perch.
Thats what i thought, then my mechanic said that all coilovers are noisy. I called BS but he said no.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Thats what i thought, then my mechanic said that all coilovers are noisy. I called BS but he said no.
He should sit in mine and compare it to other mustangs cause I don't really think he knows what he's talking about. Unless its drastically different in the cars he's used to but I've sat in a full race prepped scoobie and an sc'd nsx that runs coilovers and I can't hear any road noise other than the sc and the turbo spool lols
Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
He should sit in mine and compare it to other mustangs cause I don't really think he knows what he's talking about. Unless its drastically different in the cars he's used to but I've sat in a full race prepped scoobie and an sc'd nsx that runs coilovers and I can't hear any road noise other than the sc and the turbo spool lols

Mine's makes no noise and is actually quieter than having the springs in the stock location. Only time it makes any noise is when the car is lifted and put back down without me reseating the driver side coil (for some reason it is only this coil), the noise sounds like metal rubbing then the spring rebounds, it's caused by the spring getting caught on the frame of the car then bouncing back as it slides out of the way.

Quick Reply: Post pics of Coil-Overs