4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

help me identify these springs please

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:47 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Iz feel da same wayz
why? I need more constructive criticism haha. why DONT you like about them? Esp over stock springs? for $100?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by 0949er
why? I need more constructive criticism haha. why DONT you like about them? Esp over stock springs? for $100?
No I don't mind them. They give a good stance and make the car look better overall. Maybe a little uneven but not noticable unless you bust out the measuring tape.

I just want stock springs back in me car, argh!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:11 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

No I don't mind them. They give a good stance and make the car look better overall. Maybe a little uneven but not noticable unless you bust out the measuring tape.

I for-see stock springs in your future? what do you want to pay for them??
Old 04-18-2010, 08:52 AM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

Did you upgrade your shocks? Why do you want to return to stock?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I dont like the prokit because it sags in the rear and didnt lower the car enough for my tastes, and they still dont handle that great either. Lowering springs should be a mix of looks and performance and i feel that eibach's springs are lacking in the performance aspect of things...and with the prokit, the looks as well.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:55 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Stock springs = better launching.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

if that is true, why should I buy these springs? I dont really want them if its for looks only.... I want to feel "lower" in the car as well (like a lower center of gravity sort-of-speak)
Old 04-18-2010, 03:40 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by 0949er
if that is true, why should I buy these springs? I dont really want them if its for looks only.... I want to feel "lower" in the car as well (like a lower center of gravity sort-of-speak)
Lol well you need to figure that out. One thing you can do for yourself is search for drag suspension threads on other forums or google it. There is a lot of good info out there about setting up Mustangs for the drag strip. Once you read up on that you can decide whether or not Eibach springs fit what you are wanting from your car.

Why do you want to feel "lower" in your car? lol

Last edited by WannaBeGearHead; 04-18-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:01 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Lol well you need to figure that out. One thing you can do for yourself is search for drag suspension threads on other forums or google it. There is a lot of good info out there about setting up Mustangs for the drag strip. Once you read up on that you can decide whether or not Eibach springs fit what you are wanting from your car.

Why do you want to feel "lower" in your car? lol
Yeah I mean thats what im trying to figure out, if I will like them. A few people have said they dont like them, and I just want to know why they dont so I can help build a better picture of what I will get with these springs. Im not necessairly setting the car up for the drag strip, I just want the car to get out of its 4x4 stance, however, I still have to have some advantage to doing this (other then just making the car look lower)

And for the second part, if you can lower your center of gravity, you feel "lower" in the car... meaning that you are closer to the road... not up on a 4x4 rocking back and forth on the suspention. Thats what I mean by lower, you know, like driving a gocart or something... your literly "on the road" and you can feel it driving
Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Are you looking to have a drag only setup or what??? If youre wanting to drag the car, get aftermarket shocks and struts and cut your stock springs to desired height. If you want a good looking and handling street car that can handle what you throw at it, i think that H&R SS springs would do you just fine. I dont like eibach springs though just because of the sagging in the back and the overall not lowering it a lot. It got a good inch and a half maybe, but i think that if im going to pay for lowering springs, im gonna want the lowest springs that i can find that handle well, because they are all around the same price, give or take a couple bucks.

Quick Reply: help me identify these springs please