4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Seafoam!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Have you ever changed an oil pan gasket before? lol If you had, you wouldn't be so, "Eh whatever"
I was going to comment on that, but I said to myself "Eh whatever"
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
I was going to comment on that, but I said to myself "Eh whatever"
Last time I installed one it was very simple... oh wait the engine was out of the car does that make a difference?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

^^ ummm YES! everything is so much easier with the engine out of the car...

Nerd...i think people dont take so well to your responses is because 1) they are short..you say yes or no but not why to accompnay them and 2) the "yes" or "no" is hidden in either sarcasm or some other form lol

Cliff on the other hand will tell you the answer and explain it of why the said answer is true/why.

But I have seen you know your stuff lol, some people are more patient than others and word things diff. lol
Old 04-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
^^ ummm YES! everything is so much easier with the engine out of the car...

Nerd...i think people dont take so well to your responses is because 1) they are short..you say yes or no but not why to accompnay them and 2) the "yes" or "no" is hidden in either sarcasm or some other form lol

Cliff on the other hand will tell you the answer and explain it of why the said answer is true/why.

But I have seen you know your stuff lol, some people are more patient than others and word things diff. lol
I don't like to hold peoples hands and prefer that people use their own brains. I give my opinion, a data point and allow people to go from there. For the most part, I was also teasing as well and I find that the information I give is usually good enough for members.

Last edited by Sxynerd; 04-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

I wouldnt use it in any of my cars.

Want to get rid of carbon?
Take it to the track
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
^+1...

OP, if Seafoam worked all those miracles your engine must have been a horrible gunked up mess--you need to change the oil more often...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I don't like to hold peoples hands and prefer that people use their own brains. I give my opinion, a data point and allow people to go from there. For the most part, I was also teasing as well and I find that the information I give is usually good enough for members.
I'm right there with you. My biggest pet peeve is people without common sense and when they don't at least try to do a little learning on their own (not talking about the OP...just people in general)

I take it as if you come here and want every little detail told to you then you shouldn't be playing with cars...go play with LEGOS. If you come to the table with SOME knowledge of what you are doing and can portray that in a post to show you did your homework then fine, otherwise it's holding their hand.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I'm right there with you. My biggest pet peeve is people without common sense and when they don't at least try to do a little learning on their own (not talking about the OP...just people in general)

I take it as if you come here and want every little detail told to you then you shouldn't be playing with cars...go play with LEGOS. If you come to the table with SOME knowledge of what you are doing and can portray that in a post to show you did your homework then fine, otherwise it's holding their hand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKHFUKZ-IXE
Old 04-28-2010, 07:53 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

ahahaha nice one
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89

Quick Reply: Seafoam!