MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   failed inspection =[ (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/599430-failed-inspection.html)

DarkShadow04 06-22-2010 10:20 PM

i went to my tuner and he made me an inspection friendly tune turning all of my sensors on and he didnt modify anything except for updating my speedo forthe 3.73 gears...so basically, a stock tune will pass u

InfantryNeverDie 03-19-2012 10:06 AM

Hey B.P. New member here, Just got my 02 GT 5 Spd with some exhaust and other basic addon's and found this forum, used to be big into some motorcycle forums. Excited to learn as much as possible from the group and get serious with this Mustang (my third). My first problem. It has a H pipe (no cats) with flowmaster 40's and the sound has grown on me but I am due for emissions. Went to swap the pipe with the original with cats, bolts are so rusted it seems nearly impossible, no impact wrench, and the passenger side has stuff in the way... At this point I don't wanna do the swaparoo every year just to pass emissions, any chance you can message me, email: Timothy1910@gmail.com or text me some infor at (770)881-5358. I noticed you said something about knowing someone who can pass these things, been searching the forum for hours. I also have a blue superchip but it's not installed, know nothing about it, but I think it can eliminate the CEL. Autozone codes read bad o2's (H pipe no cats) so I know thats okay. Thanks! By the way I'm Tim, good to meet everyone in advance!

Shredder505 03-19-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by DarkShadow04 (Post 6981246)
i failed inspection...my emissions was fine, everything is physically legal, but when the guy plugged in to my computer it said that it did not support that function...he gave me the paper that said everything that wasnt supported...it was like every sensor in the car, wat the hell lol...could my tuner have turned the stuff off? also, the day before i installed my raptor shift light which requires you to unplug the ecu...everything went fine and feels fine but could unplugging that have something to do with it? i drove 2 hours and went back to see if the problem fixed itself and it didnt...wat do u guys think?

plugs in fine and says 2 of the sensors r ready...then all of the others say unavailable or does not support...the inspector said hes never seen that before, normally itll just say ready or not ready...help please =]

I had the EXACT same problem that you had when going to get my car inspected, it is your tune, only way to fix it that I know of is to reset the car to the stock tune and drive for a while so the car can re-learn everything. If nothing goes wrong, go back to get it reinspected, if it fails again, find a place that can *Cough pass the car *Cough

InfantryNeverDie 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Shredder505 (Post 7880263)
*Cough pass the car *Cough

Okay sooo maybe I'm using the wrong lingo. I have a 2002 V8 GT with CEL because there is a Hpipe no cats and flow's. *Cough*... Anyone pass *cough* car in Atlanta, GA *cough* looks around suspiciously.* Please help

Gt04 03-20-2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by InfantryNeverDie (Post 7881469)
Okay sooo maybe I'm using the wrong lingo. I have a 2002 V8 GT with CEL because there is a Hpipe no cats and flow's. *Cough*... Anyone pass *cough* car in Atlanta, GA *cough* looks around suspiciously.* Please help

just get a handheld tuner or some mil eliminators. I passed emissions for years with my longtube offroad setups and with all my s/c's i've had on my cars when i lived in Gwinnett county. If you have a good tuner he can make your tune for emissions. My car is currently tuned for emissions with my current mod list and I've never had a problem passing. I live in white county now so i don't have to worry about emissions at all anymore so its gonna get a new exhaust, cams and a new tune.