4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Not sure if this is good or bad...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
I did the same thing when i was in school, mostly because I was working two jobs, more than 60 hrs a week, and my rent was rolled into my tuition as student loans because I was in school-sponsored housing. Enjoy it while you can...I put about 10k$ into my ranger in after market, then sold it for 9k$ and bought this mustang and then an explorer. I just bought a house in December, and a 24k$ tractor for the property last month(only paid 16,500$ for it though!). I am getting married tomorrow, and we are working on paying down my wife's student loans as well, then she is going back to school next year hoepfully to finish and get her RN. I have a giant list of things I wanted to do to my car, and now I can't hardly afford to keep it on the road because of other things that need to come first. It's all about priorities in life. At different stages in life, you will have different priorities. You certainly don't need to feel bad about it. Myself for example, I will not be able to mod my car again for a few years likely, but that's OK. I have a lot of other things to be proud of. For someone my age, who was given nothing, and worked for everything, I am doing damn good. So, again, feel proud about your accomplishments, and APPRECIATE them, as they may not be able to continue as your life's priorities change. OK no more soap box I'm done lol.
Thanks, this actually helps me feel quite a bit better about it. I doubt I will sell it, but if I do, I will probably de-mod it first. I have gotten almost every single one of my mods for a really good deal, so I should be able to sell the parts for about what I paid for them, maybe more.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
Tell me about it! My ranger MSRP'd for 26k$, I bought it for 17k$, helluva deal. It was 4 years later and a different motor and trans, suspension work, lots of custom shiz, very goo condition, 60k miles, etc etc. It was nice ok? I did a KBB price report and a normal ranger was valued at 14k for trade in at the time. So I figure mine would atleast be worth 16k right? Wrong...

I went to the dealer and said, i want to trade my truck in, what'll ya give me. He looked it over, read my extensive parts list, and came back with...get this...8,500$...

I'm like OMG WTF FML this is BS! lol. I literally sat there, jaw dropped, and said what the FU**!? He's like excuse me? I explained the values I found and all the work I did to it and he said simply, its a modified vehicle, I'll have to wholesale it cuz no one will buy it. So...I tried selling privately, didnt happen, went back to the guy and got him up to 9,000$. I stripped half the crap off though after he made the deal lol.
Hahah i would never sell to a dealer they rip people off then they go and sell it for like double what they bought it for.... with my camaro the dealer offered my like 2200 and i sold it for like 4800 off CL. But yea either way selling cars sucks, cause you never get what you put into it