4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

quick! what size is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Default quick! what size is this?

Where the EOT sensor is... I need the size of that sensor so I can make a t fitting. is it a 1/2"?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

well if anybody ends up needing to know this, the size of both of those ports are 1/4"

Perfect place to hook up a autometer gauge
Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

when you hook up a tachometer, the 5'' ones, does the tachometer in the cluster work as well? lol just curious....
Also, how is it installed?

Andd whats the diff between a 5'' tachometer and this? Why do people go with the big tach instead of a shift light. I mean, don't you just want a perfect shift?

I want this shift light rather than the big tach. Can I have the tach in the cluster work and have the LED shift light work when I redline as well?

Last edited by nascrchi; 05-07-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:49 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

What on earth, or any other planet, does that have to do with an oil pressure sensor?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
What on earth, or any other planet, does that have to do with an oil pressure sensor?
haha if you're asking me, I have no idea. I saw the op post something about an autometer so I took my chance to ask that question.
Being that he answered his own question, I took it upon myself to ask mine.

Last edited by nascrchi; 05-07-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:22 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nascrchi
haha if you're asking me, I have no idea. I saw the op post something about an autometer so I took my chance to ask that question.
Being that he answered his own question, I took it upon myself to ask mine.
Start a new topic maybe?
Back on topic why didn't you remove the other plug in the picture instead of using a "T". I know the T will work I'm just not a fan of a T in tight spots
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

+1; I agree about the T, particularly brass ones--all that "stuff" hanging unsupported off of that pretty small threaded nipple is a vibration/stress fracture waiting to happen...
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

I was originally going to do a "T" setup because I Was told that that "cap" was a pain in the *** to get off. However, I realized while tring to maneuver the T fitting into place to get everything hooked up that there was not enough clearance between the t fitting and some of the pipes going to the water pump. So I decided to say f-it and tried to remove the cap anyways. To my surprise, the cap came off extremely easy, so I moved the EOT sensor there and placed the oil gauge where the EOT sensor was...

I tell you what that first start up is scary when you pray you don't have any leaks in that line... especially inside the car, lol!

I know they are kinda crooked, they aren't fully pressed in yet because my boost gauge isnt hooked up yet... I am waiting to finish that so I can set them both perfectly

Originally Posted by nascrchi
when you hook up a tachometer, the 5'' ones, does the tachometer in the cluster work as well? lol just curious....
Also, how is it installed?

Andd whats the diff between a 5'' tachometer and this? Why do people go with the big tach instead of a shift light. I mean, don't you just want a perfect shift?

I want this shift light rather than the big tach. Can I have the tach in the cluster work and have the LED shift light work when I redline as well?
I assume that you hook up a new tach almost like you do a shift light.. by tapping into the computer and just splicing into the RPM sensor wire (I dunno if its a sensor, its a wire going to the computer that tells you waht RPMS you are at)

As long as you leave your original tach hooked up I don't see why they both would not work...
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

thats where the tee will go to feed the blower as well matt....
Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMan00
thats where the tee will go to feed the blower as well matt....
****.... ok well the t will have to go on the bottom then, because it cant go on the top one. (not enough room) Well make it work.

Quick Reply: quick! what size is this?