4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

again i tried... but the search button (and google) failed me

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

I would follow the build thread, ha
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
navy_seabee17

you guys are outf*ckinstanding! thanks!

and as far as the foxbody comment... holy f*ckin sh*t! sorrrrry for not being the enlightened one! it was to my understanding that foxbodies were the 80s to early 90s mustangs but i guess i am terribly mistaken, after all i've never heard anyone refer to an SN95 or later as a "foxbody" but thanks anyway... much appreciated.

but for the rest of you mostly why i want to do the LS1 swap is just something different, before i got a stang i always preached how "everyone has a mustang" and i still do, now i preach more about "everyone gets the same mods" and what not. hey at least im not going for rice! chevy swap in a ford may be muscle car sin but at least im not ricing it out! could be worse!

last i remember the times have changed and it went from ford vs. chevy to american muscle vs. rice... just sayin!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by navy_seabee17
you guys are outf*ckinstanding! thanks!

and as far as the foxbody comment... holy f*ckin sh*t! sorrrrry for not being the enlightened one! it was to my understanding that foxbodies were the 80s to early 90s mustangs but i guess i am terribly mistaken, after all i've never heard anyone refer to an SN95 or later as a "foxbody" but thanks anyway... much appreciated.

but for the rest of you mostly why i want to do the LS1 swap is just something different, before i got a stang i always preached how "everyone has a mustang" and i still do, now i preach more about "everyone gets the same mods" and what not. hey at least im not going for rice! chevy swap in a ford may be muscle car sin but at least im not ricing it out! could be worse!

last i remember the times have changed and it went from ford vs. chevy to american muscle vs. rice... just sayin!
The guy below me is a Fu*king Idiot.. Fox bodies stopped in 93. Then SN-95 went from 94-04. The 99-04 were more commonly known as New edge but they are STILL SN-95. in 2005 they switched to the S197...

Originally Posted by conejo172
EPIC FAIL "they're all foxbodies" first let me edgimicate you! Fox body refers only to FORD and is best known for mustang from 1979 until 2004 when mustang changed to the s95 platform. The camaro is an F body big difference! In order to do an engine swap, many things need to be done...trans needs to be replaced so it will match up with LS1 engine, engine bay needs to be altered for motor mounts location, electrical wiring redone.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Hey man... Its built ford tuff with chevy stuff...

Im a fan. Not a bad Idea. You can even get a complete LS1 for under $1500.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:32 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by navy_seabee17
Hell yes! Now THAT is a hybrid I'd be willing to drive
Old 05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

EPIC FAIL "they're all foxbodies" first let me edgimicate you! Fox body refers only to FORD and is best known for mustang from 1979 until 2004 when mustang changed to the s95 platform. The camaro is an F body big difference! In order to do an engine swap, many things need to be done...trans needs to be replaced so it will match up with LS1 engine, engine bay needs to be altered for motor mounts location, electrical wiring redone.
Foxbody = '79 to '93
SN95 = '94 to '04
S197 = '05+
Old 05-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Thumbs down

My minions will not be kind to your failure and misplaced imagination of intelligence.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Milton
3rd Gear Member

AJE sells kmembers/mounts for the ls1 in your car, not sure about headers, you need a computer system/wiring system if you don't go carb, for the guages i'd do the autometer/Florida5.0 for looks and simplicity...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

wow sometimes people amaze me...i mean really if it was somthing so easy to look up as that i would have at least gotten the right chasis info...79 to 04 my a$$....i will stick my butt out for a second though and say that although the chasis design did change they are all a unibody construction, there for similar...ish....but still not the same lol
Old 05-09-2010, 02:55 AM
navy_seabee17

Originally Posted by sxynerd
My minions will not be kind to your failure and misplaced imagination of intelligence.
lol "my minions"

Quick Reply: again i tried... but the search button (and google) failed me