Trying To Choose A Supercharger, HELP! - Page 3 - MustangForums.com



4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #21
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delawere
Posts: 1,334
Default

Theres always the KB guys and the centri guys.

Coming from a procharger, I will say that I have had 0 problems with my Vortech head unit, used.

My old procharger blew up after I sent it to that dbag @ supercharger rebuilds.com


But it was always throwing belts and **** cause the bracket design is trash.

A KB will definately have more torque down low and be more fun just messing around on the street but they seem to stress the engine more than a centri and from what ive seen the centri blowers are supposed to be more efficient up top?

Either way, you can put a vortech kit together cheap these days.
justinschmidt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #22
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Shelbyville, Indiana
Posts: 1,088
Default

I think I would have enjoyed a KB. It just didn't fit well with how I planned to use my car.
Eagle2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #23
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member
 
sinister99GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: florida
Posts: 151
Default

those are all valid points about how your car is used, mine also is my daily driver. i live in florida, we get some of the worst rain storms you will find. the supercharger isnt the problem in the rain,its the big tires i have on the car that are the danger. they are like surf boards, hit a puddle at 50 and its a automatic lane change.so i drive 40 in the rain,but you wouldnt know the kenne bell is there if you are just driveing around .it is not as extreme as people make it seem. it can be if you want it to be but it drives like it always has. lucky for me i dont have to deal with the snow, i will take floridas storms over the snow any day. get to drive my car year round , and i drive it alot.
sinister99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
NinjaMonky
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 144
Default

I think this is probably the most important question when a choice like tthis is @ hand, how much rwhp are you looking for?
NinjaMonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #25
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delawere
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMonky View Post
I think this is probably the most important question when a choice like tthis is @ hand, how much rwhp are you looking for?
No...thats actually not a big question I would say

The stock engine can only hold about 400 rwhp "safely"

And no matter what blower he gets he will easily be able to get to that limit where he cant make any more power without a build motor
justinschmidt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #26
southfillyboy2p0
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister99GT View Post
those are all valid points about how your car is used, mine also is my daily driver. i live in florida, we get some of the worst rain storms you will find. the supercharger isnt the problem in the rain,its the big tires i have on the car that are the danger. they are like surf boards, hit a puddle at 50 and its a automatic lane change.so i drive 40 in the rain,but you wouldnt know the kenne bell is there if you are just driveing around .it is not as extreme as people make it seem. it can be if you want it to be but it drives like it always has. lucky for me i dont have to deal with the snow, i will take floridas storms over the snow any day. get to drive my car year round , and i drive it alot.
+1 But for me this past winter, we had over 70 inches of snow and the car sucked just as bad in the snow with the KB as it did the winter before I had it installed. Not to say drifting around in the snow isn't fun tho.
southfillyboy2p0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #27
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Shelbyville, Indiana
Posts: 1,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southfillyboy2p0 View Post
+1 But for me this past winter, we had over 70 inches of snow and the car sucked just as bad in the snow with the KB as it did the winter before I had it installed. Not to say drifting around in the snow isn't fun tho.
Summer tires? Please tell me that you weren't driving summer tires in the snow.
Eagle2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #28
southfillyboy2p0
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Summer tires? Please tell me that you weren't driving summer tires in the snow.
No. lol. I still have all season tires on the stock wheels.
southfillyboy2p0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #29
dimebag
6th Gear Member
 
dimebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: earleville md
Posts: 10,355
Default

I drove on dragradials in the snow...oops lol
dimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 Valve Head questions GimpyHSHS 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 7 06-17-2017 01:18 PM
Hot Lap: 2015 Roush RS3 Test + Build a Supercharger! - AmericanMuscle.com AMAlexLazarus AmericanMuscle.com 0 10-01-2015 10:21 AM
ranger blower col2560 V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs 3 09-25-2015 09:59 PM


Tags
1995, 1998, 21, 8793, 98, bell, choose, cobra, gt, kenne, loudest, mustang, screw, supercharger, superchargers, twin, whine

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.