4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

go fast install finnished...pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Bman2000
are you just saying that because you drive a 79? not saying that to be mean, just not my fave mustang....
That was my first Stang, 79 coupe!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:25 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Nice man. im gonna get at least a grand here pretty soon. Not sure if I wanna buy an IRS or buy an engagement band to go with the diamond I bought for my GF engagement ring lol. Im thinking IRS..bwhaha
Just curious, what is the desire for the IRS swap? Wouldn't it be cheaper to upgrade the solid rear you have or no? Oh and as far as the wedding band,...yikes I spent 1300$ on the engagement ring, learned my lesson and bought a 100$ white gold band the same thickness as the engagement ring(obviously without a diamond), and we went and got tattooed wedding bands as well because i can't wear a ring at work. So she can wear her ring and band over her tattoo. I just got married last week lol.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:30 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
It needs like 10 more min spent on tucking wires away and plugs swapped out...then its done lol so close enough

As for time slips...it went 12.0 on the old set up...if i just spent around 1800 on it and it goes slower ill wrap it around a tree....11.50s are the goal
Please don't do that lol. Didn't you already nail a guard rail once? BTW I really like the look of your ride now with the new B&L's and no spoiler out back. Looks like it goes fast lol.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Dime, you gonna bring it out to Atco at some point?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:00 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Yea pooring rain+new pavement+ dragradials around a turn in the road(goin 40 in a 55)=ed me spinning around and getting 2 new bumpers and a new set of tail lights and a new quarter panel lol...for some reason i still dd the drs

And i might be at atco this weekend, not running obv...but might drive the car up.... me and whitefox will have to come up and get some runs in this summer....or u guys gotta come down to cecil lol

Lol it looks fast...well see if it goes fast lol
Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Do you have to molex those two red wires to the pump wire harness there or can you just do a twist and fold and heatshrink it? Btw when I mentioned new edge kits dont have the controller box I meant the supercharger kit doesnt send a little black controller. I double checked this and i'll post a picture of the page that says it in my install manual. For some reason it doesnt need the controller. Perhaps the vacuum switch does that job?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
Just curious, what is the desire for the IRS swap? Wouldn't it be cheaper to upgrade the solid rear you have or no? Oh and as far as the wedding band,...yikes I spent 1300$ on the engagement ring, learned my lesson and bought a 100$ white gold band the same thickness as the engagement ring(obviously without a diamond), and we went and got tattooed wedding bands as well because i can't wear a ring at work. So she can wear her ring and band over her tattoo. I just got married last week lol.
I want an IRS because I want my vert to be as comfortable to drive as I can get it. When I get the IRS I am going to even skip the linear rate springs and go progressive.

and as far as the ring goes... i spent 4k just on the diamond lol. I got that bish sitting in my safe deposite box haha. The band I want to get to go with it is another 1.8k. I just wanna get this **** over with lol.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:07 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Not sure what your asking...the bap came with 2 buttconnectors...you have to cuz the fuel pump wire and wire the bap in...so instead of a steady wire its wire,bap wire,bap wire,wiremmmmhard to put in words lol...very easy instal tho
Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM
tim2002gt
3rd Gear Member

What fuel pump are you currently running?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Stock

Quick Reply: go fast install finnished...pics!