4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Wheels/Tires/Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:33 PM
leopatrick79

its a stock 4.6.....i just did a tune, bbk cold air intake.....deciding on 4.10 gears or not......new pipes underneath......and after that see where the budget is at for any extras.....thats a nice cobra you have there i must say.......i bought this car knowing i would have to invest in it but didnt realize how much until the deal was done.....so i want to at least get it running better and fix whats wrong with it before i sell it myself......put new engine mount in, trans mount, oil pan. The tires sat for a year and a half as did the car so they are dry rotted from sitting...wont be long until they need to be replaced...
Old 05-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by leopatrick79
its a stock 4.6.....i just did a tune, bbk cold air intake.....deciding on 4.10 gears or not......new pipes underneath......and after that see where the budget is at for any extras.....thats a nice cobra you have there i must say.......i bought this car knowing i would have to invest in it but didnt realize how much until the deal was done.....so i want to at least get it running better and fix whats wrong with it before i sell it myself......put new engine mount in, trans mount, oil pan. The tires sat for a year and a half as did the car so they are dry rotted from sitting...wont be long until they need to be replaced...
Looks like you got a project on your hands. Remember these three words: Time, Patience, Plan.. Biggest thing you don't want to do, is go into fixing up your car with out some sort of plan.. Look at the other guys cars on this forum that are the same model/body style as yours. Take from this one and that one.. If you can't afford to fix your car the way you want it now, just do it in spurts.. Buy something this month then next month, etc, etc.. That really helped me out and just a little advice I'm passing to you..
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Looks like you got a project on your hands. Remember these three words: Time, Patience, Plan.. Biggest thing you don't want to do, is go into fixing up your car with out some sort of plan.. Look at the other guys cars on this forum that are the same model/body style as yours. Take from this one and that one.. If you can't afford to fix your car the way you want it now, just do it in spurts.. Buy something this month then next month, etc, etc.. That really helped me out and just a little advice I'm passing to you..
+1 million

great advice. i have a friend with a mazda that never had a plan and he re-did a few mods multiple times. such a waste of money....

btw...thanks for the compliments.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Off topic - Solider your GT is sick looking, Tastefully done and sexy stance.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Off topic - Solider your GT is sick looking, Tastefully done and sexy stance.
Thanks bro.. People tend to think its a cobra that's why I intentially left the Front Mustang emblem on the car (took off the chrome replaced it with black) and also the rear bumper cover (Don't wanna fake the funk).. It's become a real head turner and the body shop did a very good job matching the paint.. I am very satisfied...