4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Calipers are finally done... Come check em out...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:27 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default Calipers are finally done... Come check em out...

If you didn't already know, i painted my cobra calipers and brackets red.. I didn't like the look of it, so i went with a different scheme.. Tell me what you guys think. I think it looks pretty damn slick

BEFORE

AFTER

Just kidding.. Here is the finished product

Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Damn those pictures are huge... I should have re-sanded the calipers, but if you aren't looking at them from 6 inches away, they look awesome..

They were sanded, then painted red with a brush on kit... Then i just decided to apply 4 coats of gloss black spray paint on top of the red, but you can see all the streaks from the paint brush on the red of the first coat... Now i am stuck with it bc i dont feel like buying another can of black spray paint for $8.

They're only calipers, right?

The COBRA was brushed on with a really fine brush obviously.
dw32005
2nd Gear Member

Looks good man. I just painted mine black last week or so, and they look really good however are really easy to just look over and not notice now. The red lettering is a good touch!
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Eh, that finish is seriously lacking the wow factor for me. Why didn't you sand them down at all for a more uniform finish?

What kind of paint did you use?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I should have sanded them down more... But honestly, if i took a picture that wasn't so zoomed in, you would think they looked great. Or if you came over and personally looked at them, especially once they go on the car, you wouldn't even notice the imperfections.. It's the pictures, trust me

Duplicolor Hi Temp paint from pep-boys... It's great stuff.. If you sand the calipers first and clean em off then spray it, they will look awesome.. do it to your wifes... Gloss black for the clean look.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I would have just gotten them powdercoated and then get the rebuild kit and rebuild them suckers(due to having to bake them and all rubber would be gone) and then it would look real clean. Im with nerd though...not a whole lot of wow factor there for me either.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:28 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I would have just gotten them powdercoated and then get the rebuild kit and rebuild them suckers(due to having to bake them and all rubber would be gone) and then it would look real clean. Im with nerd though...not a whole lot of wow factor there for me either.
This ^
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

If my buddy with an 03 cobra wasnt willing to swap his gray calipers for my red ones, i was gonna do that to mine and get them powdercoated DSG or some dark gray color to match the insides of the spokes of the wheels.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Does anybody want to pay me $25 for each caliper for the rebuild kit and then another at least $30 or so for the calipers to be powdercoated?

They seriously look fine. I'm **** with my car and exterior mods. I like em and that's really all that matters. Thought you guys woulda been fans. They are just calipers guys haha
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Does anybody want to pay me $25 for each caliper for the rebuild kit and then another at least $30 or so for the calipers to be powdercoated?

They seriously look fine. I'm **** with my car and exterior mods. I like em and that's really all that matters. Thought you guys woulda been fans. They are just calipers guys haha
I'm sure it is fine, BUT it's a visual mod and visual mods need to be perfect or it's not worth doing. That is a small part of why I got rid of my car. If it wasn't perfect I'd get lots of haters. I can't wait to get an old car just so my car doesn't need to be perfect.

Quick Reply: Calipers are finally done... Come check em out...