4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Some new additions to the now retired Vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:40 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

YO SOB!!! Youre getting your IRS in before i am!!! No fair!!! lol I must say though that our cars are going to be twins(save for the color) by the time we're done. But im going coilovers on all 4 corners and you should see if the guy youre swapping with will swap you the bilsteins on his car for your tokicos(if i remember correctly you have the bullitt suspension setup). The guy i bought/buying my IRS from is swapping me all of the dampers off his car, and you will need the rear shocks as the SRA shocks wont work with the IRS, but you already knew that. Um...i think thats it but im ready to be twins with HOSS. lol Cant wait to see it installed and cant wait to put mine in!!! Im buying coilovers for the front of my car first thought. found a nice set used.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
YO SOB!!! Youre getting your IRS in before i am!!! No fair!!! lol I must say though that our cars are going to be twins(save for the color) by the time we're done. But im going coilovers on all 4 corners and you should see if the guy youre swapping with will swap you the bilsteins on his car for your tokicos(if i remember correctly you have the bullitt suspension setup). The guy i bought/buying my IRS from is swapping me all of the dampers off his car, and you will need the rear shocks as the SRA shocks wont work with the IRS, but you already knew that. Um...i think thats it but im ready to be twins with HOSS. lol Cant wait to see it installed and cant wait to put mine in!!! Im buying coilovers for the front of my car first thought. found a nice set used.
HAHA! yea we are gonna have the same damn car. I do plan on coilovers POSSIBLY but gotta get the Bilsteins first. The IRS doesnt have any on it I dont think.

Originally Posted by SonicMustang143
Hoss.....swapping longtubes for shortys? Really bro? lol
I know.. its out of necessity though. I just dont want to clank up my LTs, thats why I havnt lowered my car yet. ill slamm the **** out of it without lts tho lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:44 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by H0SS302
HAHA! yea we are gonna have the same damn car. I do plan on coilovers POSSIBLY but gotta get the Bilsteins first. The IRS doesnt have any on it I dont think.
I think the 01's had bilsteins on them too...but im not 100% sure if they are CO compatible. But I dont mind having the same thing as other people...as we have found out lately i guess i'll have to put 4.30's in it to make it different, and delrin bushings, and coilovers. but our cars are gonna be **** when they are done. Im getting single chamber flowmasters to put in the IRS catback so we're gonna have very similar exhaust too seeing that MAC is a single chamber muffler. lol this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. lol
Old 05-14-2010, 09:46 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I think the 01's had bilsteins on them too...but im not 100% sure if they are CO compatible. But I dont mind having the same thing as other people...as we have found out lately i guess i'll have to put 4.30's in it to make it different, and delrin bushings, and coilovers. but our cars are gonna be **** when they are done. Im getting single chamber flowmasters to put in the IRS catback so we're gonna have very similar exhaust too seeing that MAC is a single chamber muffler. lol this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. lol
Its a 99 IRS. Im excited to get my old mac sound back. that was by far my favorite sound.

Fak dude its raining like a god damn super death storm right now.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
I know.. its out of necessity though. I just dont want to clank up my LTs, thats why I havnt lowered my car yet. ill slamm the **** out of it without lts tho lol.
Let us know the power differences when you're done- I have a feeling im not the only one interested to know haha
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

sounds like you have some solid plans. no more 4x4...YAY!!! lol

you'll love the IRS. pretty smooth ride for a mustang. my only gripe with it is that its a little more complicated to jack up the car from the rear. can't put the jack under the pumpkin anymore. urgh!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

DUDE.

Why don't you lower it then see if your headers hit? I have sportlines, and mine are still mint on the bottom. I don't even hit my midpipe on anything. I have subframes to help soften the blow of any speedbump/steep drive way.

Would be so sad to see someone trade longtubes for shorties.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

I had similar thoughts...was going to trade the big and littles for some fr500s...take out the 90/10s and 50/50s...lower it and sell the nitrous....then i went to the track again and decided to sell a $2000 guitar so i could go faster lol...bought new slicks and skinnies, a bigger/better nitrous set up and fixed a few things...all because i went to the track once lol
Old 05-14-2010, 01:13 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

Why not just stick with the stock manifolds and save that little cash for the CO?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:25 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Sounds cool, I like different!!

Quick Reply: Some new additions to the now retired Vert