4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Its not Major... But it still really pisses me off

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
timthegreat1
2nd Gear Member

Default Its not Major... But it still really pisses me off

Well, I drove to my friends house we went out in his truck. When I came back there was a cop behind my parked car, Obviously thats never good. Then I saw what happened. The pics dont do it much justice, it looks pretty damn bad especially under the wheel well. It was backed into by my friends neighbor there insurance is covering it so It should all be fine. But what are my options will they match the paint or will they have to paint the whole car. I would like a new paint job but I dont wanna be a scumbag about it, anyone have experience on my rights?. Basically it turned a rainy ****ty day much ****tier
Attached Thumbnails Its not Major... But it still really pisses me off-car-accident.jpg   Its not Major... But it still really pisses me off-car-accident-2.jpg   Its not Major... But it still really pisses me off-car-accident-3.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 06:10 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

i had an accident in august and basically my entire passenger side was replaced and only that side was painted and matched perfect. you cant even tell. the hood also was black around the shaker hood and they repainted part of it and there was no difference. but i got lucky and they painted any scratches/marks they saw.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

since it looks like its just a front fender they will just paint and match it to the rest of the car. It will look fine tho i'm sure, just make sure insurance sends u to a reputable paint shop
Old 05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

You are not going to get what you are looking for in responses. It completely sucks when your car gets hit, so you got my sympathy. Dealing with the insurancce also sucks. They will not repaint your entire car only whats repaired and try to match it as close as possible. If you want the entire car repainted minus the repaired area you will have to pay for it yourself. Basically you have no rights only the right to choose where it is repaired. They most likely will not use new parts. And if they do those parts will be aftermarket. They most likely will use junkyard parts. Good luck on getting it repaired. At least your friends neighbor owned up to it. Not many people do if they can get away with it.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

i had someone back into my 94. they refused to paint the whole car. they only painted the door and the front fender that got hit. needless to say, i was pissed when it wasn't a perfect match.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

I had a lazer red 96 Mustang so it had like a metallic speck in it, and my pain shop color matched it almost flawlessely. My black Cobra, according to my body shop is even easier because its a plain jane color I guess and it easy for them to match. I wouldn't worry about it, although it's those things that you know about and no one else does that really bothers you.

I had a front bumper one time I bought off of Ebay that was aftermarket for my 2000 v6 Mustang and already painted black (I just love black Mustangs), and I expected that to not match at all. But it did pretty good, in fact when I sold the car, I told the guy after about an hour of him looking if he had noticed and he said no, and probably wouldn't have either. That said, he liked my honesty and bought the car for what I asked.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, no use losing sleep over it.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:55 PM
timthegreat1
2nd Gear Member

I have a good idea of where im bringing it, and i know they are good at what they do. I hope nothing else happened to the car with the hit cuz its deep. I drove it home and parked it most likely ill just need a new front fender. I did get lucky with the person owning up to it because they easily could have gotten away, so Ill count my blessings there it just sucks having it happened but luckily its not real serious. my paint it old so it probably wont match perfect but hopefully its not an eye sore
Old 05-19-2010, 11:54 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

its not really that bad man. it only looks like the front fender. heres what mine looked like.

it was a deeper dent than yours and did no internal damage to anything.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM
itsdaveonline
2nd Gear Member

I just got out of the body shop yesterday...and they had to repaint my entire hood & it still matches the rest the car. Just ask the shop what kind of prep work their going to be doing and what brand of paint they are using. My shop used PPG paint and it matches flawlessly. Also ask if they are going to use OEM parts for the repair. Id also check with BBB about the body shops business practices. If it checks out go for it.

Also if they are repainting just the fender, take off your sidescoop or something and give it to them so they can match your paint better if your car isn't physically there. But my guessing is that your going to keep the car in the shop untill you get a fender on it haha.