4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New viper snake skin green paint on saleen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by 03SonicBlue_GT
cobra mystichrome. what i plan on doing in the future if i dont buy one
Can you even get that color any more? (Unless you already have one and need touch up). I know you have to have special permission from Ford because they have the color codes for that sealed away in a vault. lol
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
Can you even get that color any more? (Unless you already have one and need touch up). I know you have to have special permission from Ford because they have the color codes for that sealed away in a vault. lol
Doesnt House of Kolor make something almost the same? Like a Chameleon or soemthing?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by devongarver
Doesnt House of Kolor make something almost the same? Like a Chameleon or soemthing?
correct they do but it's not exact same color code, its very close. I've seen both colors side by side. From afar no difference but up close you can def tell em apart. Ford is very pricky (so im told) about whom they give out their mystic color code to.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:35 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
correct they do but it's not exact same color code, its very close. I've seen both colors side by side. From afar no difference but up close you can def tell em apart. Ford is very pricky (so im told) about whom they give out their mystic color code to.
Oh well hell I don't blame them for that lol. I dont have a hard on for the specific color, I just like the concept of the color you know?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:30 AM
04CompetitionOrange
3rd Gear Member

I've always wanted to see a grabber / electric green 03 / 04 mach 1 with the black accents...think that would be cool.

I am not too fond of the viper green in the first pic, but I like the green in the shopped pics.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by devongarver
Oh well hell I don't blame them for that lol. I dont have a hard on for the specific color, I just like the concept of the color you know?
Each to their own, i like the color but it would kill me if i got a scratch just because of how rare the paint it. It's a bit extreme lol

Originally Posted by 04CompetitionOrange
I've always wanted to see a grabber / electric green 03 / 04 mach 1 with the black accents...think that would be cool.

I am not too fond of the viper green in the first pic, but I like the green in the shopped pics.
hmmm i wonder then how plum purple would look w/ black accents?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

leave it to the viper IMO
Old 05-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

i think greenis the ugliest color... just my opinion. doesnt belong on vehicles
Old 05-21-2010, 05:40 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SonicMustang143
DOES THE GIRL COME WITH IT?
I'd skip painting the car and just take her home, haha.

But being unique will get you all kinds of reviews man. I like that color on the viper. Not sure how it will play out on your car. But as they say, big risk equals big reward (or big fail, lol). It's yours, take a chance if you like it!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:37 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

paint it blue man, azure or sonic are very very sexy colors and they grab tons of attention.

Quick Reply: New viper snake skin green paint on saleen!!!