4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Careers for Gearheads??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

I love how some people look down on jobs that dont take much skill or are lower paying jobs. Like maybe a doctor compared to a trash man.....hell if the guy picking up trash loves it and it is able to pay his bills, I'm jealous lol. I don't LOVE my job, but it's a nice environment and I'm taking what I can get right now.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
Ya that one is right up there with "Do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life"...too bad it's not an option anymore. This economy bullshat sucks. What happened to being able to make an honest living with a good job? Our country is going down the tubes...I'm bout to become an anarchist lol
yea i love what i do. get to go to the caribbean alot and work out on the ocean. you best quit talking that crazy talk though, u guys pay my salary and anarchy would just lead to less jobs.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fordforlife0225
yea i love what i do. get to go to the caribbean alot and work out on the ocean. you best quit talking that crazy talk though, u guys pay my salary and anarchy would just lead to less jobs.
lol maybe I'll just go build a cabin in the woods and hide ahaha. Or move to canada lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

i thought about becoming a mechanic at one point, but decided that working on econoboxes and minivans would blow a fat one.

now im keeping my car hobby and career seperate.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:00 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
i thought about becoming a mechanic at one point, but decided that working on econoboxes and minivans would blow a fat one.

now im keeping my car hobby and career seperate.
I didnt want to do that either, thats why I turned down the idea of being a ford tech...
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

I plan to start a automotive aftermarket retailer, Start small with a local store and the branch into a full catalog with a website. Im going to school for entrepreneurship while minoring into advance automotive fuel systems (Tuning cars has caught my eye also). I do not want to work under someone else for the rest of my life and I get burnt out on jobs that I do not like.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

I'd love to start my own speed shop, drive a nascar, whatever..anythings better than school ( english, math etc)
Old 05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
I plan to start a automotive aftermarket retailer, Start small with a local store and the branch into a full catalog with a website. Im going to school for entrepreneurship while minoring into advance automotive fuel systems (Tuning cars has caught my eye also). I do not want to work under someone else for the rest of my life and I get burnt out on jobs that I do not like.
thats the **** man. lemme know if your looking for a partner lol. i wanted to do the same thing or at least work for a speed shop. i have my mechanical backgroud and you got you school, my dads a huge business guy with more knowledge than he knows how to use. he helped me kick off my own business when i was 12. i sold ice and groceries out of my lil 14ft boat to people out in the national park islands on the St. lawerence river. made enough in 4 years to upgrade my boat and motor twice and get my brother started with his own boat. im out this year since i have a real job =( but he bought a 16ft fiberglass boat for this season.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fordforlife0225
thats the **** man. lemme know if your looking for a partner lol. i wanted to do the same thing or at least work for a speed shop. i have my mechanical backgroud and you got you school, my dads a huge business guy with more knowledge than he knows how to use. he helped me kick off my own business when i was 12. i sold ice and groceries out of my lil 14ft boat to people out in the national park islands on the St. lawerence river. made enough in 4 years to upgrade my boat and motor twice and get my brother started with his own boat. im out this year since i have a real job =( but he bought a 16ft fiberglass boat for this season.
Lol nice !!! groceries on boat ? that sounds crazy but I like it. Hey I am always open to great opportunities, I just want to get threw the whole college part of first. I want to do more then just mustangs tho, Im looking full array of stuff from old muscle cars to modern day EFI engines. As far as the tuning goes I just might do that for fun and then maybe add a dyno tune facility later down the line. I plan to open some where near Myrtle Beach, SC, Mustang week would bring alot of business.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

dude im in too! seriously

Quick Reply: Careers for Gearheads??