4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

DDMTuning 9007 Hi/Low beam kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

EE I have been running 6000k 55w since January. Been through ice, rainstorm, snowstorm, extreme heat, been even left on for 8 hours at a time. This is what I did when I installed mine. 1. Unplug 2. Plug 3. Holy **** look at the difference, and finally 4. drove off. You know what else gets extremely hot? My exhaust pipes, but they don't fry my system either...

Your 200 dollar install guy is full of ****. (and no im not trying to argue or be mean or be a d!ck about it)
Old 06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k1gt
Fine. Trust his judgement and give him your money. Or.... you can trust the 100s of people on here who have done it safely and save your $200. I don't really care which.
Well, what do you think he was talking about? Does he not know something about these new modern kits that make them safe to "plug and play"? I trust you guys and your kit installs, I'm sure they are fine... I'm just a little curious as to why this guy was trying to mislead me.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

You do realize the stock halogen lights are 55w right? And that halogens run hotter than xenons of the same watt rating? And that this installer knows you don't know s*** so he is going to take advantage of you and rob you of $200?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:57 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Why am I getting ignored here? Its true, the guy is trying to rob you. Agree to the terms, and say OK, I'll hire you to do it at 20 dollars every 20 minutes. And watch him do it. If it takes him more than 6 minutes (including a trip to the bathroom), youll have proof hes full of it.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Why am I getting ignored here? Its true, the guy is trying to rob you. Agree to the terms, and say OK, I'll hire you to do it at 20 dollars every 20 minutes. And watch him do it. If it takes him more than 6 minutes (including a trip to the bathroom), youll have proof hes full of it.
I'm not ignoring you man! Lol Sorry. What he WANTS to do is run entirely new wires from the battery or whatever to the lightbulb housing (however that works) so I think it truly would take him forever to do it.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Whatever, trust him and pay 200 dollars to do something easier than counting to 5.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Whatever, trust him and pay 200 dollars to do something easier than counting to 5.
No, I'm not going to pay him to do that. I don't think you are understanding that I am doubting that installer's skittles. I believe you guys.

There are gaps in that install guide though. I know where to install the ballasts... but what about that other black thing that is one of a kind in the kit?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

It does depend on the car though... on my CX-7 I had to take the entire bumper cover and wheel well splash guards out... Still not difficult, just more so annoying.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:17 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Evenexchange

There are gaps in that install guide though. I know where to install the ballasts... but what about that other black thing that is one of a kind in the kit?
Mount it where ever you want out of the way. There is no specific spot it needs to be. Just stick it somewhere.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

IF you read GTRACER88's write up... towards the end he talks about this step: WTF is he talking about?? Blue plug?? HUH??

"Next this part confused me for almost an hour. It came with only ONE BLUE PLUG! OUR CARS HAVE 2! I thought that they sent me the wrong one and then i decided to only hook it up. It was the only logical thing to do and it worked. Dont freak out... its not a mess up"

Quick Reply: DDMTuning 9007 Hi/Low beam kit