4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Unfortunate Car Accident!! Any idea on actual cash value????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

Default Unfortunate Car Accident!! Any idea on actual cash value????

I was recently in an accident. Ironic way to crash too some dude was giving me thumbs up on my car i waved to him the guy in front of me brake checks me next thing i know i am two feet under a raised jeep! I hit him doing about 30 mph. Air bags happened to deploy but other than that damage is only hood, both fenders dented where they meet bumper, need bumper, and header panel and head lights. Did no frame damage, Didnt ever crack my radiator no fluids leaking. I drove car about 2 miles to where i was gonna get it towed starts right up no shakes no problems. It is a 2003 GT i was wondering if you think it will be totalled or if they would be so kind as to repair my beloved car. If it is totaled what would the value be? I still owe about 13k on it. Only has 70k miles. The images are here > http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=027.jpg
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Thats some bull right there, tell me the guy that brake checked you got fined or something.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:53 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I will never understand why people brake check other. Is it really worth it in the end?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:58 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

nah I actually got a ticket R following to closely.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

Does anyone think this would be a total loss. As stated before I have only cosmetic damage no frame or mechanical damage. Thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by n03stang
Does anyone think this would be a total loss. As stated before I have only cosmetic damage no frame or mechanical damage. Thanks in advance
There is no way in the world that the insurance company is going to total your car out. The ONLY way an insurance company totals a car out is if it would cost more to fix than the blue book value and by what you described/pics I would VERY HIGHLY doubt it.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:11 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverNGrey4.6s
I will never understand why people brake check other. Is it really worth it in the end?
People brake check when they are usually frustrated/po'd. I have done before and when I did it was usually some soccer-mom that was riding my *** a(nd when I say riding I mean I couldn't even read her plates in my rear view) when the other lane was open to pass if she wanted to.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:12 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jt02gt
There is no way in the world that the insurance company is going to total your car out. The ONLY way an insurance company totals a car out is if it would cost more to fix than the blue book value and by what you described/pics I would VERY HIGHLY doubt it.
i have to completely disagree with you here. his air bags deployed which usually means instant total on an "older" car. just the airbags alone will run a couple grand.

for the sake of the OP, i hope im wrong.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:14 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
i have to completely disagree with you here. his air bags deployed which usually means instant total on an "older" car. just the airbags alone will run a couple grand.
I have been in or been around numerous accidents in my life and I have only seen one accident where the insurance company totals it. They do not want to total if they don't have too as it costs them a lot of money.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

i hate ppl who brake check. theres really no point because if you brake check and they hit you, its as good as you stopping short and they hit you so really in the end there is no difference might as well let them continue until you have to actually stop.

Quick Reply: Unfortunate Car Accident!! Any idea on actual cash value????