4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

4.6L mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 PM
03gtwest

Default 4.6L mods

i have a 2003 gt and im looking to fix it up the person that owned it before me didnt take care of it so im also fixing his problems. does anyone have any suggestions on performance and appearence mods that i can do?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

most people like a mach 1 chin spoiler as a cheap but effective appearance mod. it completes the front end, really.

as far as performance, look at your exhaust (h or x pipe) and cat back. check youtube and search on here for sound clips to see what you like sound wise. these will give you some power, but the sound is most notable.

then look at rear end gears, and suspension parts so your car handles better and puts more power to the ground.

really though, the stuff you do depends on your overall goals for the car man!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:28 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

For appearance, the Mach 1 chin spoiler and grille delete are two of the easiest, cheapest, and most noticeable to do. After that would be wheels.

Performance really depends on how deep your pockets are. I would start off with gears & tune, then exhaust.

If you give us an idea of what you want to do with it, we could better guide you.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
35annGT
2nd Gear Member

Free up that restrictive exhaust!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 35annGT
Free up that restrictive exhaust!!!
+ 1,

Op, once I return from my deployment I will installing a S/C on my car, therfore I have some mods that I will be getting rid of. Such as the TB/Plenum, CAI and pulleys. These are pretty much the starter mods that mustang owners on a budget install (including exhuast). PM me if you're interested..
Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Gears, tune, and exhaust to start for performance IMO.

For appearance, i personally would start with lowering springs and tint the window. Also if you have the cash, some nice wide rims of your choice would be awesome.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Gears and exhaust for start off mods and ya don't have to spend big bucks on your first exhaust experimentation, Visual mods are gonna be up to you...it's your car, so go for your look.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
35annGT
2nd Gear Member

The important information not yet asked so we can Better help you are do you have to worry about failing inspection and need to have cats or go offroad pipe or gut them? And also is emissions a concern?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:38 PM
03gtwest

well right now i live in arizona so i have to be able to pass emissions which sucks. i was doins some research and was looking at the mach one chin spoiler, def bigger tires, tint, and lowering it. i also need to find a gt bumper bc the guy put the exauhst out the sides and put a v6 bumper on it and i want to reroute it out the back bc i scrape on everything at a stock height. performance wise its going to be my daily drive for a while, but i want to be able to run with the wolves you know? and soildergt i cant figure out how to pm people so if anyone could help me with that it would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:12 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03gtwest
and soildergt i cant figure out how to pm people so if anyone could help me with that it would be appreciated.
to pm someone you need to click on their name and in this you will find the pm option, or do a search for forum members and pm that way

Quick Reply: 4.6L mods