4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

went to the trackkkkk

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
quickndslick2
Banned

read and learn...His times and trap are about right. Remember he is at sea level there in Miami so the da's are going to be better then at most other tracks. Dcook if you look he took out about 100 lbs putting his car around 3450(depending on how much he weighs). You on the other hand added about 250lbs to the front of your car by going to a cobra motor and another 50 or so lbs for a 6spd. Which is why his trap is about the same as yours. He also doesn't have to worry about heat soak like you do either. I think his numbers are pretty close if you look at where he is and then figure his hp and weight. Now if he came to mo where the da's suck(always around 25-3000ft da's) his trap would drop dramaticly.

ppl on other forums belive me idk why u guys are hating so much
Old 06-08-2010, 02:24 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Originally Posted by quickndslick2
read and learn...His times and trap are about right. Remember he is at sea level there in Miami so the da's are going to be better then at most other tracks. Dcook if you look he took out about 100 lbs putting his car around 3450(depending on how much he weighs). You on the other hand added about 250lbs to the front of your car by going to a cobra motor and another 50 or so lbs for a 6spd. Which is why his trap is about the same as yours. He also doesn't have to worry about heat soak like you do either. I think his numbers are pretty close if you look at where he is and then figure his hp and weight. Now if he came to mo where the da's suck(always around 25-3000ft da's) his trap would drop dramaticly.

NOT hating at all. Just some of us on here have had extensive experience with the 4.6 2V and his times, HP and mods just don't add up.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:27 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Originally Posted by quickndslick2

Why is the OP referring to himself in the third person????
Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

One guy on modded mustangs believes your garbage. You sir are full of ****. Go post your garbage somwhere else.

I believe it out of a 4v or maybe even the new TFS Heads, but not PI heads ported with off the shelf comp 270s and full weight.

Last edited by tbirdscwd; 06-08-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Ive seen vids of guys w/ just the stage 2 cams, full boltons, some suspension, a built rear, and a good tire running a 12.1.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Ive seen vids of guys w/ just the stage 2 cams, full boltons, some suspension, a built rear, and a good tire running a 12.1.
Yea, that kid from texas with the silver one or w/e, but he was onnly getting like 111mph from the car. 116 is crazy fast trap for no form of juice or squeeze
Old 06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1SLO85
Why is the OP referring to himself in the third person????
exactly.

yeah that was Trevor that went a 12.1 but that was no where near 116mph. This entire story reeks of bs.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Yea, that kid from texas with the silver one or w/e, but he was onnly getting like 111mph from the car. 116 is crazy fast trap for no form of juice or squeeze
Hmmmmmmm, wonder who that could be??????
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
And a TON of weight reduction. Cams only with a 2V especially off the shelf cams, don't produce that kind of numbers. Now granted, I have been out of the scene for awhile. But, I will stand behind my claims until proven otherwise. If that happens, I will respectfully bow out. But, until then....I call BS.

The point of these forums is to give credible info to assist other members in their own particular builds, not just useless claims.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

The limits of the 4.6 2v running the best cams and the best ported PI heads has not changed at all. The only thing that has changed is that there are more companies making parts now. Choices for cams has really doubled, but they haven't increased the potential at all.

Parts like the TFS heads and a few new intake manifolds have opened up the potential quite a bit when run in conjunction with some aggressive cams, but they are much higher flowing than even the best ported PI heads.