4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Full Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

buy devon's car!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:31 PM
GTV8

Originally Posted by devongarver
Where are you in Ohio, Mine is for sale.

No way... by Cleveland, and im pretty sure ive seen yours on craigslist? The one with "light body damage"

Yeah that has to be you...

ill send you a pm
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
GTV8

Originally Posted by GTV8
No way... by Cleveland, and im pretty sure ive seen yours on craigslist? The one with "light body damage"

Yeah that has to be you...

ill send you a pm
haha. or not since i cant send PM's yet.... ?
But yeah im pretty sure its you since they are both blue, and tinted, and lacking the spoiler...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:56 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

haha. or not since i cant send PM's yet.... ?
But yeah im pretty sure its you since they are both blue, and tinted, and lacking the spoiler...
lol yup its me. I'm in quite the pickle....see here

Good luck finding a car, I looked forever, and finally "settled" as these things are over Blue Book by a minimum of 5-7k$ or more all over ohio...
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
GTV8

lol yup its me. I'm in quite the pickle....see here

Good luck finding a car, I looked forever, and finally "settled" as these things are over Blue Book by a minimum of 5-7k$ or more all over ohio...
yeah i saw your thread... that sucks...

what do you mean over blue book? i was actually looking at one in PA its just like yours but a little bit less extensive in the clutch mods and stuff, but basically the same thing... and it doesnt need painted :/ thats the only problem...

also something im kind of thinking about doing... for some reason my parents made a proposition, that if I wait to get a newer car, every year they will give me another $1000 to spend on a car. (and right now its about 6-7k for a car) I have no idea why they offered, but I might do it even though i dont want to wait, if i do i could get something better you know? Because i dont really NEED a newer car mine runs alright but has high miles.

Would it be better to get an 05 and up or the new edge??? I like the new edge ones more but if an 05+ has better stock HP and can get modded better.... but then again im sure parts are probably more... and im not sure how many new edges will be around that are good/ low miles in a few years.

decisions decisions.....
Old 06-15-2010, 01:03 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

yeah i saw your thread... that sucks...

what do you mean over blue book? i was actually looking at one in PA its just like yours but a little bit less extensive in the clutch mods and stuff, but basically the same thing... and it doesnt need painted :/ thats the only problem...

also something im kind of thinking about doing... for some reason my parents made a proposition, that if I wait to get a newer car, every year they will give me another $1000 to spend on a car. (and right now its about 6-7k for a car) I have no idea why they offered, but I might do it even though i dont want to wait, if i do i could get something better you know? Because i dont really NEED a newer car mine runs alright but has high miles.

Would it be better to get an 05 and up or the new edge??? I like the new edge ones more but if an 05+ has better stock HP and can get modded better.... but then again im sure parts are probably more... and im not sure how many new edges will be around that are good/ low miles in a few years.

decisions decisions.....

Kelley Blue Book

This is a standardized value system for cars...
Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 PM
GTV8

Kelley Blue Book

This is a standardized value system for cars...
oh yeah, i use KBB but i didnt know you meant the value for most mustangs being down 5-7k
Old 06-16-2010, 06:11 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

oh yeah, i use KBB but i didnt know you meant the value for most mustangs being down 5-7k

No....the value isn't "down" 5-7k$...these ******* dealers are charging 5-7k$ MORE than blue book, as in a mustang booking at 7k$ is being sold for 12-14k$...get it?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

I paid over "excellent condition" KBB for my car, it's all relitive, KBB is more of a guideline then something set in stone. Long story short, wait for the right car, find one that wasn't beat on, and pay a little extra money to get a more well taken car of car.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69MustangCoupe393cid
I paid over "excellent condition" KBB for my car, it's all relitive, KBB is more of a guideline then something set in stone. Long story short, wait for the right car, find one that wasn't beat on, and pay a little extra money to get a more well taken car of car.
Right, I never said it was set in stone or anything, my point was simply being used as a reference. For example, everywhere the sun shines more than half the year( i.e. NOT Ohio lol) Mustangs are sold for comparable prices to KBB within reason. But up here, the prices are sometimes DOUBLE just because they can be...

Quick Reply: Full Exhaust Question