4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

GAUGES AFTER SUPERCHARGING????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
DS002
3rd Gear Member

Pyrometer yo
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

ok i will make sure i look that one up tonight! thanks for that
Old 06-17-2010, 01:06 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

You can never have to many gauges. Here is my plans to put other gauges in my car, i missed a few spots.

Seriously... unless your boosted or do your own tuning, you dont need anything other than the factory stuff. PPL just put that **** on their car half the time because they think it looks cool, which it doesnt imo.

The only gauges you need are a/f ratio and boost. That is it.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
You can never have to many gauges. Here is my plans to put other gauges in my car, i missed a few spots.

Seriously... unless your boosted or do your own tuning, you dont need anything other than the factory stuff. PPL just put that **** on their car half the time because they think it looks cool, which it doesnt imo.

The only gauges you need are a/f ratio and boost. That is it.
Agree.. Unless you're boosted or driving a highly modified N/A car, guages are a complete waste of money.. Once I install my V1 I've decided to go with the Simco dash gauge Pod sold on AM. It has the boost and Fuel guage which should be good enough for my future plans..

Last edited by Soldier GT; 06-17-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
gotcha and its not going to be beat on too mjch maybe the track 2 or 3 times a month but its still kind of a dd. another ting that kinda pushed me away from the fuel pressure gauge was sm1 saying its dangerous to run a fuel pressure line to the interior of your car can ya kinda gauge ya a/f ratio as far as lean/rich by just having the fuel gauge? bc i was under the impression that the a/f gauge was a tuning tool. and jay rod i was gonna go with the autometer instument cluster that holds 2 gauges. is that the one you are refering to? or are you talking about one of the multifunction gauges? and thanks for all th info!
That's why you run an electric fuel pressure gauge and not a mechanical... my fuel pressure is electric and my boost/vac is manual
Old 06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

You don't need any additional gauges. Most people select the boost/vac and fuel pressure gauges. That's what I have. And there isn't any way either gauge will keep you from blowing your motor. At the most critical times, approaching 6000 rpm, you don't have time to look at them and they don't really tell you much anyway. The boost/vac's primary purpose is to remind you that the supercharger is still working after you've gotten used to the extra power. The fuel pressure gauge is most impressive. It swings up with throttle movement.

That said you should install two gauges in an instrument cluster bezel and one has to be the boost/vac gauge. They let everyone know that you're not driving a stock Mustang.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT
You don't need any additional gauges. Most people select the boost/vac and fuel pressure gauges. That's what I have. And there isn't any way either gauge will keep you from blowing your motor. At the most critical times, approaching 6000 rpm, you don't have time to look at them and they don't really tell you much anyway. The boost/vac's primary purpose is to remind you that the supercharger is still working after you've gotten used to the extra power. The fuel pressure gauge is most impressive. It swings up with throttle movement.

That said you should install two gauges in an instrument cluster bezel and one has to be the boost/vac gauge. They let everyone know that you're not driving a stock Mustang.
IMO all gauges are not for redline monitoring... they certainly won't help you if your fuel pump quits at 6,000rpms. But it will help you if you have a vacuum leak or a weak pump.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

noted! and im just getting a v1 non ic installed after a bit not tryin to run crazy boost thru it. but ive been hearing mostly boost/vac and wideband a/f gauge. and that pic looks insane with the gauges a wreck wating to happen lol
Old 06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

remember rockwell28, if you feel more comfortable running a certain gauge, run it. it may save you, it may not but at least its there.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

good point! it may just boil it down to boost, a;f, and maybe fuel pressure thank all of ya for th input ya dont know if ya dont ask!

Quick Reply: GAUGES AFTER SUPERCHARGING????