4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need a Custom Supercharger Setup...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
knightrider09

Thanks you guys for the responses. As far as a intercooler is concerned unfortunately i do not have the finances to get a cooling system at this time although i have heard of a dramatic increase in horse power due to the cooler air entering the engine.

As far as the Shaker hood goes i have been doing more research on it and CDC has mated the shaker hood with a variety of s/c systems, although when i called them they had no clue how it was done and gave no advice whatsoever how to achieve such a feat.

And why cant i use that pulley set with that supercharger kit? Ive already talked the guys doing the install on my car and they said it can be used with it.

As far as the blow through setup, that is what i am going to have to get because if i use the s/c adapter for the shaker hood i have to relocate the MAF.

"Rockwell28"
How did the setup work for you? have you done it yet or are you still looking into doing it?

As far as my future plans for this car goes im modding it out conservatively right now until i get the finances to completely mod it out with new internals. But im trying to be careful not to blow my motor. I think its safe to say with the mods i have that will not be a problem but i will have to look at getting the hf.fuel rails and fuel injectors installed by them as well, or i could do it myself but idk if an off the shelf tuner will tune for fuel ratio or not.

I still have a long ways to but i have about 2 months do decide on what to do.

I have pics in my album on my profile page take a look.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:42 PM
knightrider09

I know that an inter-cooled mustang produces much more hp than non-inter-cooled. but unfortunately i do not have the funds for that kind of setup. I have been on other various forums and have met lots of other ppl using this setup successfully for years before they upgraded to inter-cooled.

As far as the pulleys are concerned i have already spoken with the mechanics and they told me that it will be fine.

I might just go ahead and put the fuel injectors on the install list for them to do with the rest of the work but i dont know how much more ill be looking at for install when i can do that myself but idk if you can tune it with a hand held tuner.

With the CDC Shaker hood and the supercharger adapter, i have spoken with reps from CDC when i called them and they told me they have mated several of their hood systems with supercharger kits including vortech but no one seems to have any valid data to prove as such nor did they provide any advice on how to get the install done. I will worry about this later.

As far as my plans are concerned for this car. I want to get the internals done as well as forged pistons and cams. To get the maximum hp from this car. I want to use it for street/strip racing eventually im also debating on what tires to get as well. I have never gotten the car tuned after a lot of the mods were installed.

I have pics up on my profile under my album.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

i havent tried it yet but it says custom fabrication for tubing. so whatever shop you go to would have to fab smthn up to mate it to the pipe that would route from ya shaker outlet. i think im just gonna go i/c later and not bother with it bc unlike the super shaker by saleen that kinda routes water away the one on our years of stangs will be suckin down some water through the blower to the engine and thats gonna lead to the ultimate failure so it will turn into a good weather only car. so when i get done the only function my shaker will have is air comin' in and hittin the top/back of the blower
Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

I have no experience with a hand held tuner so I cant give you a for sure answer, but I am almost sure you can get your car working with 42lb injectors+a hand held tuner. You just gotta know what settings to change thats all.

Yeah man if you want that shaker to work you will just need some dedication and some free time to figure out some combination of pipe that will get you what you want... They don't make a "kit" I dont think so you just gotta come up with something at the hardware store.

I know that an inter-cooled mustang produces much more hp than non-inter-cooled.
Its not that they make more power (really), its that they can effectively cool off the air that is being shot into your motor.

Your IAT's without the blower are around whatever temperature it is outside at the moment. Remember that when you compress air, that compression produces heat, so you are already messing with hot air to boot. Once that blower heats up to operating temps, along with the heat caused by compressing air, your IAT's will approach 170 degrees, which is not very good. Once the computer sees this, it will alter your timing so that you do not get detonation. This will eventually put your power numbers down to about what they were before the car was supercharged.

Its not really something that you WANT to skip out on.. even if you don't have the funds... its like buying new rims and not getting tires to go on them... I mean you can ride on bare rim... but why?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

very true and they do have a kit at cdc for the shaker but still requires some custome work for th mass air flow sensor and tubing to the intake. and the whole deal with the compressed air creating alot of heat is one of the major reasons i havent installed my v1 yet bc i would hate to install it with no ic then have to get it retuned after i get the cash for the intercooler later bc tuning isnt on the cheap side itself so i figure i will hold out for a few months and get an intercooler check out cx racing and ebay they have front mount air to air intercoolers for $200 and Up you dont have to go with the vortech aftercooler $1000+ or the procharger FMIC. plus i live in texas and will be moving to georgia both get hot so its my Best bet to go ic or i will have a stock pullin car after a few pulls or after my car gets up to temp. just a thought.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
knightrider09

you guys are right about intercooling. and if so whats the best kit to get? I dont have the experience needed to install one of those and im sure a shop would cost a fortune to install it. i might have some friends that can do it for me but im pretty sure they wouldnt charge much to do it. I think if i keep it around 7-8PSI i should be ok without the intercooler but i want to get one and that $200 dollars doesnt sound like a bad deal but i would have to remove my front bumber for the install. Is there another kit anywhere for a decent price?

As far as the tuning goes for the Fuel injectors, i might just go out and buy an SCT XCal3 and have the shop send me a tune for this since im bringing the car to them anyway and hopefully they wont charge me anything for it plus i wont have to buy a tuner from them if i do it this way, just the dyno-tune and custom tune.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=ICKMT
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=PIPK
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishim...cooler-mb.html
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...tercoolers_air
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

hey man check this out, its a how-to I made of my entire install.... the final product is a draw through system, but I have since changed to a blow-through and moved my bypass valve so I dont have blower surge. The setup I have now is 100% correct, this how-two gets you about %95 percent there.

It will just give you a good idea of what has to go down to get the Sc on the car... and then how much of a pain in the *** a intercooler install is.....

HOW-TO: Install V1 T-Trim w/ FMIC /lots of PICS
Old 06-25-2010, 06:47 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

0949er hows it going buddy? Are those tires holding up with that cammed T trim?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
0949er hows it going buddy? Are those tires holding up with that cammed T trim?
haha for a few more months... I can count the number of times I have actually brunet some good rubber so I hope they will keep holding up a lil longer....

275s DRs going on the back next tho

Quick Reply: Need a Custom Supercharger Setup...