4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New GT owner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Nice car man...like it's been said PLENTY of times...get rid of emblems and it sucks some sped put a COBRA bumper on the car...but as long as you are wanting to get rid of it that's cool.

I'm against putting ANY cobra body parts on anything other than a GT, but the guy before you went one step further to put a rear bumper on full well knowing to leave the "cobra" on it.....dumb. If there was major motor work equaling a cobra or better, and the body parts, then it's not THAT bad lol.

I'm from wilmington, ma. About 45 min from Foxboro. When I was younger I would play summer hockey leauges at Iorio Arena down the street from the stadium.

Yeah its too bad. Oh well today I took off the Cobra bumper inserts and the SVT on the trunk. So its a little less noticeable. Im looking to order some GT side badges and a pony for the front.
We had season tickets to the Patriots, and walked to every home game.

btw, anyone know where the cheapest airbrushed Pony for the grille can be found??

Thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

what do you mean by aribrushed pony?

Can just buy the 3 piece kit and throw it on. I put a 2 piece kit on (minus the pony) since I'm a fan of nothing there.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Grilles-s/352.htm
Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
what do you mean by aribrushed pony?

Can just buy the 3 piece kit and throw it on. I put a 2 piece kit on (minus the pony) since I'm a fan of nothing there.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Grilles-s/352.htm

like these:

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ems-p-325.html

but theyre expensive. I think one would look good.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:41 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AustinBoston17
like these:

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ems-p-325.html

but theyre expensive. I think one would look good.
Which one have you been thinking about?

I saw the Skeleton Emblem in Person along time ago, been wanting to get one ever since, I just don't have 160.00 to blow on a little piece of Plastic.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 AM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by schmallz

I saw the Skeleton Emblem in Person along time ago, been wanting to get one ever since, I just don't have 160.00 to blow on a little piece of Plastic.
I like the skeleton too. or the Tungsten Base with White & Silver Real Fire.
Theyre too pricey for me though
Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 AM
GTV8

Your not rocking a clone though, you just have a bad *** GT. GTV8 only said that racing a clone could be a dissapointment.

One night I met this guy with a New Edge Saleen or so I thought, the exterior was flawless, but once you looked inside, 4 speed Auto, cloth seats. It got worse, when he started it up, it wasn't even a V8. He thought his car was hot ****, whatever.

This isn't a clone by a long shot. When most people think of a clone, it is something like a classic Boss 429 or Cougar Eliminator, with all the stripes, trim, engine, suspension modifications exactly like it would have came out of the factory.

On the exterior, it's missing the spoiler and side mirrors.

It's not a Cobra but it's not a GT anymore either, it's your Mustang...

Ahh saleen clones are annoying. Ive seen some before. Maybe not clone... not a full clone anyway, as you said just mock look alike...

Yeah i mean how are you gonna be rocking COBRA bumper and the badges and then be all show no GO... thats lame. I still think it looks good even with the badges and bumper but its just not doing cobras justice...

It wouldnt be as bad if it was actually fast, but as a GT its just making cobras look bad. (performance wise)

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I gurantee you one thing, there is nothing lame about my car or any GT that's rocking the Cobra front bumper.. IMO it makes the best looking model mustang (besides the Fox Body) look even better. As you notice I am rocking the Cobra look but have no badges what so ever. Also look in my album and yes I still have the Mustang Rear Bumper, but as we all know, we all have our own opinion, so I'll leave it at that.. OP car looks great as everyone has said. The guy who owned the car before you did an excellent job. I think he went a little over board when he put the Cobra emblems and rear bumper. It's your car but I would most def remove the emblems and bumper. Good luck bro..
Yeah, I dont have a problem with that but a COBRA bumper (as in it says COBRA on the back) and badges just isnt something I would do...

front bumper isnt that bad cause it doesnt have any logos or say COBRA but it still isnt something I would *personally* do. Thats just not something I would want to do. I think it looks great on a cobra, sure but Id rather have a plain GT bumper with the front lip.

I think new edges are the best model IMO... Cobra front bumper or not... lol
Old 07-17-2010, 10:30 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

The skeleton pony has been our biggest seller by far. These have been pretty popular as well

Expensive but awesome!!!

Custom Painted Pony Emblems

If you are looking to dress-up your engine bay check out the Custom painted Plenums and Fuel Rail covers as well!!

Ken