4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Just a few Pics... Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:45 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
The reason I think the black lip would look better is because you have nothing polished/chrome on your car other than the "GT" emblem. I think it would tie your car together nicely
Are you in my head? That's exactly what i am saying to myself hahaha

The only reason the GT emblems are still like that is bc of the wheels.. If the wheels go black, so do the badges...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 AM
masterofthepuppets99
2nd Gear Member

black all the way. if the car has no chrome then stick to one color scheme. for you it can be all laser red and black. my engine bay is all black and i love it. the body is all red with silver accents. it looks ok i think but im going to do all black accents on the outside of my car. like the mustang letters in the rear bumper. delete gt badges. black chin spoiler, etc.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Dont do it mang. The all black thing kinda ruins the car and makes it look not so great i think. The tires and the wheels then will all be black and I think that looks really tacky. Just my personal opinion. car already looks **** as it sits.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Honestly, if you had Saleens or the like on there, not DD wheels, I would say hellz yes to all black. BUT, the whole purpose of a Deep Dish wheel is to accentuate the depth of the offset, making it show that you have a very bad-azz wide tire out back. You will not see that so well if you paint it all black. The Chrome is there as a great offset to really make it stand out. IMO if you want all black thrown on some non-DD type wheels and call it a day. Otherwise...keep em as they are.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

^That times infinity and beyond!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:22 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

[QUOTE=hpwrestler220;7099730]How do you know i have the 17x8's up front boduke? You still remember that, or can you just tell? lol. I should have gotten the 9's up front, but it's way too late now. I saved on tires when i got the 8's bc i used my 255/40's on them... They would have been wayyy too stretched on the 9" wheel.. It saved me a good chunk of change at the time, but now that i look back at it, i coulda just gotten the 9's and new tires. oh well lol. I try not to let it bother me too much...

QUOTE]

I remembered haha, and i can tell cause i used to run the stock bullitts and 10.5s on my GT. who can forget that rpic wheel thread
Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

HP, you could kinda do what aereon did and do the red lip on there to set it off? idk how it would look but it looks KILLER on aereons car.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

hahaha boduke that thread was pretty epic! All of my wheel threads were bc i didnt wanna spend $500+ and not be happy!

But I have seen a couple cars with all black deep dish wheels and if there is something that makes you look twice, that's the setup (whether you are looking twice bc its ugly or twice bc you dont see it often and it looks awesome)

I just think the all black will really tie my car in... The machined/polished lip just doesn't seem to be doing it for me anymore when i am sitting here wondering how good it might look with the all black wheel... And i am not a fan of the colored lips really =/ I like the striping on the lip of a wheel, but not the whole lip (99% of the time)... Sorry aereon, but i liked your car better with the saleens

I want to know how many of you guys who said "dont do it", do not like black wheels altogether... I bet all of you lol

There is just nothing else chrome on my car I pretty much converted everything to black and plan to keep going eventually lol. Any joe smoe can buy black bullitts, but how many people have all black bullitts? I know some of you guys who take pride in being different and standing out from the typical mustang will appreciate that question...
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I like black wheels...with polished/chrome lips. lol there just has to be something to separate the black of the wheels from the black of the tires because they are never matching and it just looks tacky in my opinion.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

i think i fell in love with the black lip, honestly in real life you would still deffinitely see the lip, i dont think that would be a problem, and i hate colored lips, i think thats too much

Quick Reply: Just a few Pics... Need opinions