4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

should i get LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

Default should i get LCAs?

if so what kind...ill be way too lazy to adjust them for track/street so id need something that would be good for daily driving and the track when i go, so what would all around be the best for me...

current mods -
full bolt-ons minus U/D pulleys
eibach 1 inch lowering springs
just ordered MM FLSFC
built posi rear 3.73s on Mickey T's

thats basically it to be quick about it lol...lookin to achieve a better 1/4 mile time
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Im happy with my J&M lca's. Speaking of being lazy I need to lower one side of the car, it sits all most 1/2 inch higher.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

MM standard duty adjustable LCAs. I have them and they do a great job. No noise and the adjustables allow me to adjust my ride height to get a better pinion angle.

If you don't go MM make sure it has at least one end that has a spherical end.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

WannaBe is correct, but would recommend you accept more NVH and go with the MM XD LCA's. These will hold up better in your 1/4 mile endeavors, but are not adjustable. If you really want adjustable, I would send you to Team Z to look for one. Just be sure to have at LEAST ONE SPHERICAL END as Gearhead mentioned.

Jazzer
Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

i got UPR Pro Series moly chrome Spherical solid LCAs and they are very quiet and work extremely well for my street car.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I like the UPR's, but would not recommend them for 1/4 mile use though. I just think they are not strong enough to hold up under such use

Jazzer
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 PM
therat1989
1st Gear Member

Do LCA really help traction off the line that much? My first gear always spins now. (just got 3.73's today) and I need more traction without getting bigger tires. Are UCA's necessary with LCAs? and would it actually help alot? If I could pull a 2.0 60 ft I would be happy. Sitting at 2.15-2.25 now. (before gears though..no idea until tomorrow)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I like the UPR's, but would not recommend them for 1/4 mile use though. I just think they are not strong enough to hold up under such use

Jazzer

+1... IMO the only thing UPR is good for is an xpipe.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

A good LCA will help to "Plant" your tire a bit better on the ground, but you still need all the other items to really hook up off the line. I am NOT a quarter guy, I am a quarner guy, so will tell you what works for both the launch-pad AND doing the tip-toe through the twisties

If your tires are spinning, but not hopping around, I don't see LCA's as your ultimate answer. UCA's are the "wonder twins" of the Mustang 4 link and are a necessary evil unless you bite the Bullitt (<--- third time I have said that today!) and go with some serious upgrades to rear suspension to help traction in ALL situations. I don't wanna high-jack this thread, so read my Suspension Guide for more details.

If you are STRICTLY interested in 1/4 mile and only mild DD duties.... I would recommend a set of adjustable UCA's (UPR makes one, but I kinda like the UMI Ultimate Arms as I think they are stronger), unless you wanna go hardcore with some alternate things from Team Z. A good aftermarket UCA in such a case would have a spherical end on the body side and have an adjustable nut in the middle to address pinion angle.

Jazzer
Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

if my tires r dead hooking on my launch would the LCAs not benefit me very much?

Quick Reply: should i get LCAs?