4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

crashed the mustang in the rain :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

i know, its setting in on me. i dont think im gonna be able to do it myself. im gonna have to have my buddy do it for me. its gonna be so much. fml
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your accident. The rain was terrible yesterday.....I passed three car wrecks on my way to work, all involving hydroplaning on the interstate. I could even feel my Toyota getting loose a little here and there.

Thank goodness you both were unhurt.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
GEARHEAD94
1st Gear Member

Hope everythig works out for you.That really sucks. Atleast you and your g/f are o.k.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Damn budders , glad you two walked away unshaved. That Air bag pop leaves a chilling sensation down your spine for the rest of your life (I know first hand). I would hit the junk yards and see what you can come up with.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

glad your alright bro good luck and god bless
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Really the best thing you can do now is to just do what some have said and personally "total" it. Sell it for whatever you can and pay some extra to get a reliable car that you can drive thru the winter. Then, when next summer comes around, think about a different one.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:38 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

This is the chance where you can really decide to do something with the car. I'd leave it parked at your house if you can and tinker with it here and there and just gradually buy parts for it and stuff. Your k-member fugged, get a complete UPR k-member kit minus the c/c plates as you already have those and they come with the k-member, a-arms, and coilovers. that takes care of that problem. side skirts, bumpers, and airbags can be found at junk yards for cheap. Youre not in that "horrible" of shape. You can just take this opportunity and turn it into a positive things and have a pretty stout suspension setup next summer. you'll probably need new struts as well, just so you know.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

+1 w/ Teej's comment. That is a great way to look at it. Hope you're doing ok bud...
Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GEARHEAD94
Hope everythig works out for you.That really sucks. Atleast you and your g/f are o.k.
thanks man.

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Damn budders , glad you two walked away unshaved. That Air bag pop leaves a chilling sensation down your spine for the rest of your life (I know first hand). I would hit the junk yards and see what you can come up with.
thanks dude.. yeah those airbags, eh? dont ever wanna smell those again. my buddys gonna find parts for me.

Originally Posted by boomee
glad your alright bro good luck and god bless
thanks

Originally Posted by gif4445
Really the best thing you can do now is to just do what some have said and personally "total" it. Sell it for whatever you can and pay some extra to get a reliable car that you can drive thru the winter. Then, when next summer comes around, think about a different one.
if i did that and just bought a beater, i dont think i would have enough money saved up to buy another stang.

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Sorry to hear about your accident. The rain was terrible yesterday.....I passed three car wrecks on my way to work, all involving hydroplaning on the interstate. I could even feel my Toyota getting loose a little here and there.

Thank goodness you both were unhurt.
thanks man

Originally Posted by teej281
This is the chance where you can really decide to do something with the car. I'd leave it parked at your house if you can and tinker with it here and there and just gradually buy parts for it and stuff. Your k-member fugged, get a complete UPR k-member kit minus the c/c plates as you already have those and they come with the k-member, a-arms, and coilovers. that takes care of that problem. side skirts, bumpers, and airbags can be found at junk yards for cheap. Youre not in that "horrible" of shape. You can just take this opportunity and turn it into a positive things and have a pretty stout suspension setup next summer. you'll probably need new struts as well, just so you know.
it is currently parked at my house. i really dont have that much money and cant afford to upgrade everything in the car, i just need to get it going at the bare minimum for now :/ trust me, if i had extra money for that stuff i would totally do it. maybe some coilovers at the minimum

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
+1 w/ Teej's comment. That is a great way to look at it. Hope you're doing ok bud...
thanks man, im doin better.

it is a great way to look at it, if you have the money :/
Old 07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

if your doing the repairs yourself let me know, I'll give you some heads up, I just (about 3mos ago) replaced the radiator support Huge pita! the fender bumper assy but the main pain was the radiator support, you have to cut it out, I know you know that, then weld the new one in. when the support is finished the rest seems petty. GL!

Quick Reply: crashed the mustang in the rain :(